It’s been quite the month here on What’s Gaby Cooking! With all sorts of new product launches and the cookbook plus some of my fav recipes of all times! This Linguini with Clams situation has TONS of garlic and plenty of herbs is quickly becoming one of my favorites!!
Not all meals are created equal. There are nights when I just throw some avocado on some toast and call it a day. I mean, there’s nothing wrong with that but if you spend about 5 extra minutes of prep time you can have Linguini with Garlic, Clams and Herbs instead and who wouldn’t want that!!?? Perfectly cooked pasta with a white wine clam sauce loaded with herbs, garlic and lemon…. ugh! I’m starving just thinking about it!
So without further ado… let me introduce you to your new favorite pasta meal. It takes almost no time to prep, very little time to cook, and then you can relax and enjoy a big bowl Linguini with Garlic, Clams and Herbs!!
Linguini with Clams
- 12 ounces linguini
- 4 tablespoons butter unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons calabrian chili paste
- ¾ cup white wine Sauv Blanc
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds manila clams scrubbed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley plus more for garnish
- 1/4 chopped fresh chives
- 1-2 lemons zested and juiced
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water, then drain the pasta and return it to the cooking pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Once melted, add the garlic and calabrian chili paste and cook until the garlic is fragrant about 60 seconds. Add the wine and pepper, increase the heat slightly, and cook until bubbling, about 2 minutes. Add the clams, increase the heat, cover, and cook just until the clams open, about 3 minutes.
- If any clams don’t open, discard them and transfer the opened clams to the pasta pot. Taste the sauce and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Warm through over medium heat, adding the reserved pasta water as needed to help make it extra saucy. Toss in the parsley, chives, lemon zest and lemon juice. Garnish with extra herbs and serve as needed.
Photo by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling by Adam Pearson / Recipe from What’s Gaby Cooking
Absolutely Delicious! This is one of Pia’s very favorite dishes- yum!
What a tasty clam pasta!
One of Josh’s favorites!
You had me at Linguine.
I love De Cecco pasta!! This pasta dish looks like pure comfort!
Is it ok to omit the butter and just use olive oil? If so, how much olive oil would you recommend?
Hi can I substitute the wine for something else for my kids? Thanks 🙂
the wine cooks out entirely so there is no alcohol remaining!
Clam juice works as well
Has anyone tried this with canned clams?
This looks delicious. I know someone who would be so happy if I made this very soon!!
Making this for mother’s day! Do you have suggestions on types of salads or appetizers to pair with this? (first time cooking clams- eek!)
I’d do the butter lettuce salad on the side!! and maybe a cheese board to start!
Where can you get calabrian paste? Can you substitute anything else?
My question also
Fabulous! The absolute best clam sauce ever!
I have a container of frozen clam meat. Do you have any recommendations for how to adapt this recipe to Clam meat already out of the shell? Thanks so much!
same way as this! Just add the drained clam meat at the same time and heat through!
Simple but so flavorful. Yum!
What do I substitute chili paste with?