It’s been quite the month here on What’s Gaby Cooking! With all sorts of new product launches and the cookbook plus some of my fav recipes of all times! This Linguini with Clams situation has TONS of garlic and plenty of herbs is quickly becoming one of my favorites!!
Not all meals are created equal. There are nights when I just throw some avocado on some toast and call it a day. I mean, there’s nothing wrong with that but if you spend about 5 extra minutes of prep time you can have Linguini with Garlic, Clams and Herbs instead and who wouldn’t want that!!?? Perfectly cooked pasta with a white wine clam sauce loaded with herbs, garlic and lemon…. ugh! I’m starving just thinking about it!
So without further ado… let me introduce you to your new favorite pasta meal. It takes almost no time to prep, very little time to cook, and then you can relax and enjoy a big bowl Linguini with Garlic, Clams and Herbs!!
Linguini with Clams
- 12 ounces linguini
- 4 tablespoons butter unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons calabrian chili paste
- ¾ cup white wine Sauv Blanc
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds manila clams scrubbed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley plus more for garnish
- 1/4 chopped fresh chives
- 1-2 lemons zested and juiced
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water, then drain the pasta and return it to the cooking pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Once melted, add the garlic and calabrian chili paste and cook until the garlic is fragrant about 60 seconds. Add the wine and pepper, increase the heat slightly, and cook until bubbling, about 2 minutes. Add the clams, increase the heat, cover, and cook just until the clams open, about 3 minutes.
- If any clams don’t open, discard them and transfer the opened clams to the pasta pot. Taste the sauce and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Warm through over medium heat, adding the reserved pasta water as needed to help make it extra saucy. Toss in the parsley, chives, lemon zest and lemon juice. Garnish with extra herbs and serve as needed.