It’s Thursday and I’m ready to rock and roll. Get ready for some Chicken Fajita Bowls!
I’ll eat fajitas every which way whether it’s at home or at a restaurant. I’ll eat chicken fajitas, steak fajitas, shrimp fajitas, fajita quesadillas… you name it. And the fact that I don’t have a fajita quesadilla on this site is completely unacceptable and needs to be remedied immediately.
Today it’s all about Chicken Fajita Bowls with steamed white rice (or cauliflower rice if you’re keeping it clean this time of year), black beans, charred corn, pico, guacamole and more! It’s perfect. Everything you’ve ever wanted. The poblano peppers in there will 100% seal the deal. And best part about it… you serve it in a bowl. Which if you’re new here, is my all time favorite way to eat anything. Bowls all day, every day.
And you guys… the chicken is this is juicy and succulent and you’re going to be so happy when you make it. The marinade has everything you could want and all the flavor is seared in when you sauté it all together.
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 poblano pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups steamed white rice
- 1 cup Black Beans
- 1 cup Charred Corn
- 1 cup Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 recipe Guacamole
- Fresh Cilantro
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips, about the size of your finger. Combine the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, cumin, chili powder and red pepper flakes in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add the chicken and marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the chicken mixture, marinade included, and sauté until fully cooked. Using a pair of tongs, remove the chicken from the skillet and add the vegetables. Sauté until tender and charred. Add the chicken back into the cast iron skillet and toss to combine.
- Serve in a bowl with rice, black beans, charred corn, chopped tomatoes, a big spoonful of guacamole and a wedge of lime.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!