It’s Wednesday and I’m ready to rock and roll. Get ready for some Chicken Fajita Bowls!
I’ll eat fajitas every which way whether it’s at home or at a restaurant. I’ll eat chicken fajitas, steak fajitas, shrimp fajitas, fajita quesadillas… you name it. And the fact that I don’t have a fajita quesadilla on this site is completely unacceptable and needs to be remedied immediately.
Today it’s all about Chicken Fajita Bowls with steamed white rice (or cauliflower rice if you’re keeping it clean this time of year), black beans, charred corn, pico, guacamole and more! It’s perfect. Everything you’ve ever wanted. The poblano peppers in there will 100% seal the deal. And best part about it… you serve it in a bowl. Which if you’re new here, is my all time favorite way to eat anything. Bowls all day, every day.
Just a little PSA for you guys today – if you’re a member of the just for U® program at Albertsons – you might have been invited to our live cook-along class a few weeks back and if you didn’t come – YOU MISSED OUT!! It was basically a private insta-live and we had a ball! Wanted to give you guys a little update on it since a bunch of you asked via DM after I mentioned it in our Happy Hour insta-live recently!
Here in Los Angeles, I’ve got a Vons, Pavilions and Albertsons store right here in my neighborhood! Clearly not all of you live in LA, so you may be more familiar with your local Albertsons Companies stores like: Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market and United Supermarkets. If you’re a member of their just for U® program, you get all sorts of incredible perks like personalized discounts on the products you love, and cool experiences like this cook-along!
It’s pretty much the way we SHOULD do IG-live. Everyone got the shopping list ahead of time, we loaded up on their exclusive O Organics line of products and then were able to cook together Friday afternoon a few weeks ago and make dinner together! O Organics is amazing b/c its USDA certified organic, always non-GMO, and affordable….so you don’t have to spend a ton to use organic ingredients. Plus, there are more than 1,500 O Organics items across every aisle, and you can only get them at the Albertsons Companies family stores.
Anyways, if you’re not signed up, get on it! And check out Albertsons Companies’ delivery, DriveUp & Go™ and PickUp options to snag the ingredients for these Chicken Fajita Bowls… the chicken is this is juicy and succulent and you’re going to be so happy when you make it. The marinade has everything you could want and all the flavor is seared in when you sauté it all together! Let’s do it!
Mexican Chicken Fajita Bowl
For the Chicken
For the veggies
- 1 poblano pepper thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper thinly sliced
- ½ yellow onion thinly sliced
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips, about the size of your finger. Combine the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, cumin, chili powder and red pepper flakes in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add the chicken and marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the chicken mixture, marinade included, and sauté until fully cooked. Using a pair of tongs, remove the chicken from the skillet and add the vegetables. Sauté until tender and charred. Add the chicken back into the cast iron skillet and toss to combine.
- Serve in a bowl with rice, black beans, charred corn, chopped tomatoes, a big spoonful of guacamole and a wedge of lime.