If you’re like most people, you probably struggle to find new breakfast ideas that are both healthy and satisfying. Well, search no further! This roundup has over 85 delicious and easy breakfast ideas for delicious and nutritious breakfasts. From quick and easy options to more elaborate dishes, there is something here for everyone. So save this list, share it with your friends, and get your morning started off right with one of these amazing breakfast recipes! You will never be asking, what should I make for breakfast again.
Table of Contents
Savory Breakfast Recipes:
Breakfast Sandwiches + Bagels
A breakfast sandwich can be the perfect way to start your day. It’s portable, so you can take it with you on the go, and it’s packed with protein and other nutrients to give you energy and keep you full until lunchtime. Plus, there are endless possibilities for breakfast sandwich recipes, so you can always find one that sounds appealing.
If you’re looking for a new breakfast sandwich to try, this egg biscuit recipe is a great option. Its like a whole breakfast meal inside a biscuit. The biscuit is light and fluffy, and the soft scrambled egg and prosciutto add flavor and texture. Plus, the whole dish comes together in just minutes, so it’s perfect for busy mornings. So next time you need a breakfast sandwich to get you out of bed, give this recipe a try.
- Fried Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- Garlic and Herb Parmesan Biscuit and Egg Sandwich
- The Ultimate Bagel Breakfast Sandwich
- Smoked Salmon Bagel Bar
- Cheesy Pancetta Biscuits
- Green Harissa Tartines with Bacon and Avocado
- Smoked Salmon Tartine
- Mushroom and Fontina Tartine
Egg Breakfast Ideas
Eggs are a staple when it comes to breakfast, but they can get boring real quick. Why make your eggs the same way every morning when there are so many options? Here are some ideas to spice up your egg game:
Deviled eggs are a simple yet delicious way to change up your breakfast routine. All you need to do is hard boil some eggs, remove the yolks, and mix them with mayonnaise, mustard, and spices like paprika and cayenne pepper. Fill the egg white halves with the mixture and voila – you’ve got yourself a gourmet breakfast!
If you’re looking for something a little lighter, try making poached eggs. This method involves gently cooking eggs in simmering water until the whites are set and the yolks are soft. Poached eggs are often served over toast with avocado or ham – an easy yet elegant breakfast option.
For those mornings when you just can’t be bothered to cook, make some scrambled eggs. Scrambled eggs are essentially just beaten egg whites and yolks cooked in a pan until they’re firm. You can add in vegetables like tomatoes, onions, and peppers for extra flavor, or keep it simple with just salt and pepper. No matter how you make them, scrambled eggs are a quick and easy way to get your protein fix.
So next time you’re feeling egg-cited about breakfast (see what we did there?), remember that there are endless possibilities when it comes to preparing this classic dish. Get creative and enjoy!
- Parmesan Frico Eggs with Greens
- Saffron Tomato Shakshuka
- Broccolini Fontina Quiche
- Goat Cheese Crumbled Summer Veggie Quiche
- Avocado Deviled Eggs with Chives
My favorite Breakfast Food: Breakfast Burritos + Breakfast Tacos
One of my favorite breakfast recipes is the breakfast burrito. This one is loaded with soft scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, creamy avocado, and roasted breakfast potatoes all wrapped up in a warm tortilla – yum! And the best part is that it’s easy to make at home. Simply cook up your eggs, bacon, and potatoes, then add them to a tortilla with some avocado and you’re good to go. If you’re looking for a fun and easy breakfast option, I highly recommend giving these breakfast burrito recipes a try. Happy cooking!
Breakfast Potatoes and sheet pan bakes
Do you want to know how to make the best breakfast potatoes every time? Well, I’m sharing the secret to the perfectly crispy breakfast potatoes and walking you through the recipe here. They’re much easier to make than you probably think.
I’m a big fan of a breakfast casserole because it’s such an easy recipe that can feed a crowd. Wondering what to serve with breakfast casserole? Serve it with some crispy bacon, soft scrambled eggs, sliced fresh fruit, and you’ve got a serious breakfast spread right there.
- Spinach Artichoke Strata Casserole
- Chocolate Chip Croissant Bread Pudding Casserole
- Mixed Berry Strata Casserole
- Spinach Cheese Strata Casserole
- Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding Casserole
- Kale and Mushroom Bread Pudding Casserole
Breakfast Pizza + Breakfast Tarts
Pizza for breakfast? Is Pizza even a breakfast food? Yes, pizza is 100% a breakfast food and I’m no stranger to breakfast pizza. They’re great to make for brunch on the weekends, and your family will love you for it. In addition to my favorite breakfast pizza recipes, I’m also going to put you on breakfast tarts – they’re underrated and deserve way more love. Like how good does a creamy, cheesy, Puff Pastry Tart with poached eggs, bacon, delish greens, and everything but the bagel seasoning sprinkled on top sound?!
- Pea Prosciutto Spring Breakfast Pizza
- Bacon and Egg Puff Pastry Tart
- Breakfast Pizza
- Cheesy Asparagus Tart
- Tomato Confit Basil Tart
- Heirloom Tomato Tart
- Wild Mushroom Tart
- Pea and Asparagus Tart
- Shallot and Bacon Tart
Healthy Breakfast Foods and Breakfast Meals:
A healthy breakfast is all about balance. You want a bit of protein, some healthy fats, and whole grains. I’m all for everything in moderation! Here are 5 solid healthy breakfast ideas for you:
- Sun Dried Tomato Goat Cheese Crustless Quiche: Add in some veggies like peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Use egg whites for a leaner option.
- Avocado Toast: Go for whole grain bread and top with avocado or an egg or both! .
- Breakfast Yogurt Bowls 5 Ways: Layer Greek yogurt, fruit, and granola in a jar or cup. Try different fruits and yogurts to mix it up!
I hope you find these ideas helpful. A healthy breakfast is a great way to start your day!
Quick Breakfast Ideas:
Smoothies (aka healthy easy breakfasts)
If you are looking for easy quick recipe ideas for breakfast then fruit smoothies are one of my go-to’s because they are quick, packed with lots of nutrients, and I can take them with me on the go. If you’re looking for how to make a smoothie or how to make a smoothie bowl, look no further! Making a smoothie at home couldn’t be easier, and the best part is you can use whatever fruits and veggies you have on hand. My favorite smoothie recipes to make are green smoothies, strawberry banana smoothies, and blueberry smoothies. The possibilities are seriously endless!
- Green Machine Smoothie
- Banana Blueberry Smoothies
- Banana Chia Spinach Smoothie
- Almond Butter Spinach Smoothie
- Mixed Berry Smoothie Bowls
- Acai Bowl Recipe with Coconut
Easy On the Go Breakfast Ideas (aka make ahead options)
If you’re like most people, mornings can be a hectic time and you are looking for quick breakfast ideas. You’re trying to get yourself ready for the day while also getting your kids dressed, fed, and out the door. With so much to do, it’s easy to let breakfast fall by the wayside. But with a little planning, you can make breakfast a breeze. These easy breakfast ideas are perfect for busy mornings. From make-ahead recipes to grab-and-go options, there’s something for everyone. And best of all, these easy breakfasts are great for kids too! So next time you’re feeling pressed for time, try one of these easy breakfast ideas and start your day off right.
- Petite Vegetable Frittatas
- Homemade Coconut Granola
- Perfectly Soft Scrambled Eggs
- Avocado Toast 5 Ways
- Spring Avocado Toast 4 Ways
- Burrata Tomato Toast
- Ricotta, Walnut and Strawberry Crostini
- Homemade Granola Bars
Sweet Breakfast Food:
French Toast Recipes, Pancake Recipes, and Waffle Recipes
If you love pancakes and French toast, I’ve got the perfect breakfast recipe for you! These delicious pancakes are so easy to make from scratch, and they’re absolutely irresistible. The key to making the perfect pancakes is to use a light hand when mixing the batter. Overmixing will result in tough, rubbery pancakes, so be sure to mix just until the ingredients are combined. Another important tip is to cook the pancakes on a preheated griddle or skillet. This will help them to cook evenly and prevent them from sticking. And finally, don’t be afraid to experiment with different toppings and flavor combinations. Blueberries, chocolate chips, and bananas are all great options.
If you’re feeling extra indulgent, try topping your pancakes with a dollop of whipped cream or a drizzle of honey.
For French toast, I like to use a day-old baguette. Slice it into thick slices, dip it in a mixture of eggs and milk, and then fry it in butter until it’s golden brown. Once it’s cooked, I like to top it with a homemade berry compote. This dish is absolutely delicious and sure to please any breakfast lover. So next time you’re looking for a special breakfast treat, give these recipes a try!
- Caramelized French Toast with a Berry Compote
- French Toast Bar
- Vanilla Bean French Toast
- Fluffy Raspberry Chocolate Pancakes
- Coconut Blueberry Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Pancake 101
- Chocolate Chip Almond Waffles
- Savory Cheesy Herb Waffles
- Chanterelle Crepes
- Ham and Cheese Crepes
Cinnamon Rolls + Bread
Cinnamon rolls, we all know and love them. They are a classic breakfast item that can be enjoyed by everyone. But what if I told you there was a way to make them even better? Introducing chocolate chip cinnamon rolls, one of my favorite sweet breakfast ideas! These cinnamon rolls are dusted with sugar and have mini chocolate chips sprinkled throughout. They are the perfect breakfast for hosting and are sure to be a hit with your guests! If you’re looking for something truly special, try our cinnamon sugar pull apart bread. This bread is fluffy and dusted with sugar, and has mini chocolate chips sprinkled throughout. It’s sure to be a hit at your next breakfast!
- Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls
- Chocolate Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread
- Walnut Sticky Buns
- Swedish Cinnamon Rolls
- Chocolate Chip Monkey Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Cheesy Pesto Pull Apart Bread
Breakfast Muffins + Pound Cake Ideas
Muffins are a great quick and easy breakfast to take on the go! I’ve got it all, from classics like blueberry muffins to the most amazing strawberry walnut streusel muffins. And if cake for breakfast is more of your speed, I’ve got you covered as well.
- Strawberry Muffins with Walnut Streusel
- Blueberry Streusel Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- Lemon Raspberry Yogurt Cake
- Orange Glazed Bundt Cake
- Yogurt and Honey Olive Oil Cake
- Cinnamon Apple Cake
- Gluten-Free Almond Cake with Strawberries
- Blackberry Buttermilk Cake
- Pineapple Breakfast Cake
- Blueberry Crumb Cakes with Walnut Streusel
- Chocolate Chip Streusel Skillet Breakfast Cake
- Saigon Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake
Scones + Breakfast Cookies
I live for a scone. I love that they can be prepped ahead and baked right before you’re ready to serve or made well ahead of time and stored in the freezer. They are a great breakfast or treat when that afternoon sweet tooth hits. And obviously, I had to include breakfast cookies because if you ask me, there’s no way better to start the day than with cookies.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones
- Blueberry Vanilla Goat Cheese Scones
- White Chocolate Cranberry Scones
- Cheese and Scallion Scones
- Vanilla Coconut Scones
- Meyer Lemon Blueberry Scones
- Breakfast Cookies
And there you have it, my master list of breakfast ideas that will hopefully make your mornings that much easier and delicious. Whether you’re looking for sweet or savory breakfast ideas, we’ve got you covered. Save this list and never struggle with breakfast again. And don’t forget to share it with your friends – they’ll be grateful!
85+ Outstanding Breakfast Ideas: Garlic and Herb Parmesan Biscuits
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup Garlic & Herb Butter Spread, plus 2 tablespoons melted Garlic & Herb Butter Spread
- 1/3 cup cubed Parmesan cheese (1/4 inch)
- 1/3 cup cubed Gruyère cheese (1/4 inch)
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 1 cup cold buttermilk
- Flaky salt and freshly cracked black pepper to top
- soft scrambled eggs
- sliced prosciutto
- extra Garlic & Herb Butter Spread
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and baking soda and whisk to combine. Using a fork or a pastry cutter, cut the cold Garlic & Herb Butter Spread into the flour mixture until crumbly. Make a well in the center, place cheese and chives in the well and pour buttermilk over. Carefully and slowly stir until it comes together and makes dough
- Turn the dough out onto lightly floured surface and, with floured hands, give it a quick knead 3-4 times to bring it together. Pat the dough into an 8×8 square, about 1 inch thick, and cut into 9 square biscuits
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silpat, brush with melted butter spread, sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in a hot oven until puffed up and golden brown, around 15-18 minutes
- Slice each biscuit in half and serve with prosciutto, scrambled eggs and softened butter spread slathered on top
One thought on “85+ Outstanding Breakfast Ideas to Start Your Morning Off Right”
so glad I found this recipe. The kids all even love them! Thank you for sharing.