Besides all the amazing produce spring has to offer - my favorite part about spring is the brunch scene! My Smoked Salmon Bagel Bar is the star of the show anytime we host friends on a weekend!
We all know my profound love for a bar. The kind of bars you can DIY easily, invite all your friends over, and chow down on a delicious meal. I mean, we've done a Bruschetta Bar, Mezze Bar, Nacho Bar and French Toast Bar! Now it's time for the Smoked Salmon Bagel Bar!
While there's nothing on this bar that requires a strict recipe, below you'll find my checklist for what makes the ultimate brunch. There's a little something for everyone - so even if you're opposed to smoked salmon, you're still covered! A few hot tips before we get to your shopping list:
- Snag the bagels from your local bagel shop the morning of your brunch! They'll be fresh, maybe even still warm, and are better than the ones you get from the regular market
- While you're there, worth getting a few kinds of infused cream cheese.
- The rest of the ingredients can be bought well ahead of time and then just put into bowls and onto a board! Simple and beautiful.
Smoked Salmon Bagel Bar
- ½ pound smoked salmon
- 8-10 of your favorite assorted bagels sliced and toasted
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- ⅓ cup capers, drained
- ⅓ cup freshly snipped chives
- ⅓ cup freshly snipped dill
- ⅓ cup quartered or sliced radishes
- 1-2 whole tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup sliced cucumbers
- 2-3 tubs of your favorite cream cheese
- salmon roe (optional)
- Arrange everything on a large board and allow your guests to assemble their own bagels.
This is the way to go! Love this!!
Now this is a bagel bar! Fabulous!!!
This looks amazing! I don't love smoked salmon, I know...but, everyone I know does, plus I could put together an epic veggie and cream cheese bagel!
This is an awesome idea! I absolutely love bagels and salmon so this is right up my alley!
Gorgeous AND delicious!! This would be perfect for any gathering. I love these assemble your own bars - there is something for everyone. Can't wait to see the next one!
Looks delish! Beautiful photo!
Hi Gaby...have to comment on your post....first, great time to be in NYC. I will be leaving Florida to go there next week to visit my kids....my daughter lives in Brooklyn! My mouth is watering seeing your post. I grew up eating all of these fabulous foods every Sunday morning for a big family brunch at our house. Coming from a Jewish family,....all these foods were ritualistic for us...along with a variety of fishes...white fish, sturgeon, pickled herring and sable.....soo delish! Over the years I have come to love Bialys as well or maybe more than bagels...lighter and thinner. Anyway, soon I will indulging like you! Can't wait! Enjoy you NYC visit!
my jaw is still on the floor. seriously seriously gorgeous.
This is so pretty. I love all the pastel colors, if that even makes sense! It's just so light and fresh. Have fun in NY!!
Such a beautiful and fresh spread!