There’s really nothing more exciting than knowing that Thanksgiving is around the corner and I have an excuse to eat Apple Crisp for breakfast and dessert every day of the week!
This classic apple crisp has been in the fam for years. My mom makes it for all special occasions starting at Thanksgiving and ending sometime in the new year and it’s easily my favorite holiday dessert. Especially served with a giant scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. The streusel topping is out of this world and it’s hard to control myself – because given the opportunity, I’d eat nothing but the streusel bits with ice cream. Like many things that I eat, I consider it a game changer.
- 5-6 Granny Smith Apples
- 2-3 Fuji Apples
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old fashion oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Vanilla ice cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel, core, quarter and slice the apples into 1/3 inch pieces. Pile the apple slices into decorative baking dish (about 10 inches in diameter) and sprinkle with the cinnamon, making sure to evenly layer the top of the apples.
- Use a pastry cutter or fork to combine the butter, brown sugar, oats and flour and sprinkle on top of the apples.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream