Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread!! Get ready – you guys are going to be obsessed.
We’ve been baking a LOT these days so let’s get down to business shall we. This double chocolate chip banana bread is fantastic. It’s made in 1 bowl, so super quick and easy. It’s moist and chocolate-y and works for breakfast, snacks and dessert. And it’s obviously stuffed with plenty of chocolate chips because that’s the only smart way to eat banana bread. Then it’s just into a loaf pan and into the oven for about an hour and voila! Easy right? It’s genius if you ask me.
It’s worth noting here (although it’s noted in the recipe) that it’s best to use SUPER ripe bananas for this recipe. So ripe that there are black spots all over the usually yellow banana peels. That means the bananas are going to be sweet and mushy and easy to incorporate into the banana bread.
If you don’t have overly ripe bananas, but you do have yellow bananas on hand, I like to pop them into the freezer for a day to turn them brown. Then just take them out, thaw them out and use for the banana bread as needed!
Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 4 overripe bananas I like to stick ripe bananas in the freezer and then let them thaw before making banana bread so I always have overripe bananas on hand
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract, vanilla extract works too
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with a nonstick baking spray.
- In a large stand mixer, combine the butter and sugar and whip for 2 minutes until combined. Add the egg, scraping down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is evenly combined. Add the extract and the bananas and mix for 30 seconds. The batter will look a little curdled, this is normal.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix for a few seconds until the flour is evenly combines. Add the chocolate chips and give it all a quick stir.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 to 65 minutes. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before running a knife around the perimeter of the loaf pan and inverting the banana bread and transferring the loaf onto a cooling rack. Slice and serve as needed.