Strawberry season is in full swing and I consistently buy more than my fair share at my weekend farmers market. I can’t help it – they taste like candy and it’s my personal mission to work them into every recipe all summer long like these Strawberry White Chocolate Scones which make for the perfect breakfast!
Scones are one of those easy indulgences that make me happy. There are 2 tricks to making scones. First – grating the butter. You’ll need ice cold butter for this recipe and then you’ll grate it up on a box shredder and then fold it into the dry ingredients! That way the butter is evenly distributed throughout the scones and each bite it perfect.
The second tip is all about forming the scones. I’m a drop scone kinda gal – which means after you make the dough, you just drop balls of it into a baking sheet and stick it into the oven. I’m not into rolling the dough out, cutting perfect triangles and then baking them because that’s an extra step between baking and eating these Strawberry White Chocolate Scones and that is way too much work for me!
Whip these Strawberry White Chocolate Scones up next time you need to make breakfast, bring a dish to brunch, or just want to eat a little strawberry white chocolate goodness and I can promise you won’t be disappointed!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, cold, grated into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- ½ cup white chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar and gently whisk together. Add the grated cold butter to the dry mixture and toss to combine so the butter is evenly distributed.
- Fold the strawberries into the dry mixture along with the white chocolate chips. Make a well in the center and pour in the heavy cream. Fold everything together just to incorporate; do not overwork the dough.
- Form 12 medium sized mounds out of the dough. The size can vary depending on if you want to stretch the recipe to make more. Arrange them on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the pre-heated oven for 16-20 minutes, or until the top just barely turned golden brown.
- Combine the lemon juice, powdered sugar and melted butter in a small bowl and whisk until no clumps remain. Once the scones have cooled, drizzle with the glaze and let cool.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!