M&M Cheesecake Cookie Bars! It’s a combo of sugar cookies, cheesecake and M&M’s all layered together to make the ultimate dessert bar!
I think we all have a slight obsession with decadent desserts. Mash ups of our favorite things all rolled into one epic bite. Slutty Brownies are a perfect example! And so are these M&M Cheesecake Cookie Bars. It’s a three layer dessert, cookie dough, cheesecake and more cookie dough that gets sprinkles with some thematic M&M’s and baked to perfection. The cookie dough couldn’t be easier, the cheesecake layer is 100000 times easier than making a traditional cheesecake, and what’s not to love about those 2 desserts together on one plate?
Seeing as how Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, I opted for a pink/red/white theme, but it could easily be done with Easter colors, Christmas colors, or any other theme you’re going for. All pink or all blue for a baby shower… the possibilities are endless!
So grab a few ingredients from the market, whip these up for your special someone this weekend and thank me later! I don’t know about you guys, but I’d be pretty pumped getting a batch of these rather than some flowers! And happy early Valentine’s Day!
M&M Cheesecake Cookie Bars
For the Cookie Layer
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Valentine’s Day M&M’s
For the Cheesecake Layer
- 8 oz cream cheese room temp
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a large stand mixer for 3 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is incorporated. Toss in a handful of the Valentine’s Day M&M’s and mix for a quick second. Chill the dough while you make the cheesecake layer
For the Cheesecake Layer
- Whip together the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla for 3 minutes until everything is evenly combined and smooth.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 baking pan with tin foil and spray it with non-stick baking spray.
- Press 1/2 of the cookie dough mixture into the bottom of the pan to make 1 even layer.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture on top of the cookie dough.
- Crumble and sprinkle the remaining cookie dough on top of the cheesecake mixture and then sprinkle with the remaining Valentine’s Day M&M’s.
- Place it into the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until the cookie dough is golden brown. The inner part of the dish might look a bit jiggly, but not to fear. Once the bars have baked, remove them from the oven and let them cool on the counter for 30 minutes. Then transfer them to the fridge and cool completely for at least 2 hours. Cut and serve as needed.
Photography by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling by Adam Pearson / Recipe by What’s Gaby Cooking
So cute!!! Love these!
I want some of these!
I want the entire pan!!!
The perfect Valentine’s Day treat!!
Made these last week and they’re basically the BEST thing that has ever happened!
In the knick of time!! Thanks for reminding me of these. They are the bomb!!
Can you make these in cupcake wrappers or cupcake pan or cupcake mini pan? Is there an adjustmentment needed in baking temp or time if done in a cupcake pan?
you sure can – only adjustment would be baking time.
Do you think these will hold up in the mail?
You probably want to really package them up with paper tower and wrap them up otherwise they will get mushed
Do the bars need to be refridgerated, or if cooked early enough, can they be left on the counter to cool at room temp?
putting them in the fridge helps them tighten up!!
Can’t wait to make these! Did you mean parchment paper to bake them in? The recipe says tin foil but the photo looks like parchment. Never baked in tin foil before!
either or works!
Delish!! Glad you suggested baking in greased foil– much easier to take out and slice that way. Made with red, white, & blue M&M’s for July 4th! Tray was gone in a few hours!
We love these and have them in the freezer pretty much all the time now. Adjusted to have less cookie dough and smaller pan so we get more cheesecake. Have a batch in the oven right now with Cadbury mini eggs.
Another insanely delicious dessert by Gaby! Super easy to make, and we couldn’t stop eating them. Thank you!
Is freezing some for later an option?
After they cool do they need to be stored in the fridge?
I store in the fridge if they won’t be eaten same day