I’m allllll about that cheesy cheese dip! And no Super Bowl party is complete without some bubbling hot dip in some capacity! You might be a spinach dip kinda person, or maybe artichoke dip is more your speed. Or perhaps you prefer kale and bacon! And maybe you’re more of a queso kinda human. Well those are all fantastic options but let me tell you about this Poblano Corn Cheese Dip! Lots of cheese, tons of corn, smoky poblano peppers, freshly fried tortilla chips… THE WORKS. It all gets made in 1 skillet and then baked until bubbly and hot. It’s then topped with fresh herbs to give it that extra pop of flavor and then…. GAME TIME!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 poblano peppers, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cups frozen charred corn
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 ounces of sour cream
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Scallions and cilantro for garnish
- Tortilla Chips
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Sauté the poblanos and onion in a cast iron skillet with olive oil for 4-5 minutes. Add the frozen corn and stir. Add the scallions, fresh garlic, lime juice, smoked paprika, sour cream, softened cream cheese and a little salt and pepper. Top with the shredded cheese.
- Transfer the skillet into the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Remove when it is hot, bubbling and golden brown. Garnish with more scallions and cilantro and serve with tortilla chips
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!