One day guys. Cinco is tomorrow and you know there will be obscene amounts of guacamole and salsa consumed and I think that calls for Homemade Tortilla Chips!
If you’ve never made Homemade Tortilla Chips, get ready… your life is about to change for the better. They are perfectly salty, crispy, and best when served just slightly warm. I LOVE them and can’t get enough. I season mine with a little salt and a little garlic powder to give them extra pizzazz… but you could add some cumin, paprika, cayenne or chili powder if you want to get fancy. OR… add a few sprinkles of my homemade taco seasoning! It’ll be like a taco chip… and no one is mad at that!
I’ll be serving this up with a batch of my infamous guacamole, all 3 of my salsas from Williams Sonoma and a big fat skinny girl margarita! Saturday can’t come soon enough!
Homemade Tortilla Chips
- 5 small corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut the tortillas into 6 triangles each.
- Add the oil to a heavy bottom pan over high heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add a few of the tortilla triangles at a time and fry for about 1 minute on each side until they are crisp.
- Remove from the oil and transfer to a paper towel.
- Sprinkle with a few drops of the lime juice as they cool and sprinkle with sea salt and garlic powder.
- Serve immediately.
I NEED TO MAKE THESE!!!!!
Ever make these with cinnamon seasoning?
no but you could
Super easy! Absolutely the best! I will never eat store bought tortilla chips again.