You know that guacamole, in any setting, is my love language. But loaded guacamole...is next level incredible. Creamy smashed avocados with bacon, sun dried tomatoes, cotija and a few extra mix ins... sign me up!
I first stumbled on a version of this loaded guacamole at the Frontera Grill restaurant at the O'Hare airport in Chicago. Guacamole + chips as a pre-flight snack... heck yes. I feel passionately that chips and guac would be an excellent addition to every airport. Could you imagine - a little stall in every airport with a quick hit of guac and chips in a to-go bag. LIFE ALTERING.
While we all manifest that to happen, we need this loaded guacamole at home! Creamy smashed avocados with crispy salty bacon, a few sun dried tomatoes, crumbled cotija and some pepitas make not only the most incredible snack, but also it's kinda a meal. Serve it up with homemade tortilla chips and you're in business.
What you’ll need:
- 4 ripe Hass avocados
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- ½ lemon juiced
- ½ lime juiced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeño
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2-3 strips of bacon crumbled
- 1 jalapeno roasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons pepitas toasted
- 2 sun dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cotija crumbled
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and place the avocado flesh into a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, lime juice, red onion, chives, salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until half smooth and creamy. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Top with all the toppings and serve immediately with tortilla chips
Looks delicious! Where are your serving platter and bowl from? 🙂
I made this & added grilled shrimp & it was unreal!!!
Sun-dried tomatoes in oil? or dry?
in oil, but drain the oil! that way they are softened
Why half lime & half lemon juice is crucial? What's the difference between that and all lime or all lemon juice? Thank you.
YES! Crucial! I promise.
One day Gaby can you share how you would make homemade nacho chips ?!
just plain homemade tortilla chips?
Dear plain guacamole please move aside for "loaded Guacamole," there's a new favorite in town! Wow, oh wow, does this look amazing.
I would be hovering over this bowl!
Get in my belly!
omg, I'm not the only one who uses lemon in guacamole! 🙂 Love this mix, pass the chips please!
I think i need your avocado book! And woman, why are you not in Texas more? The best GUAC ever. But I will take your word on this loaded one, for sure!