I've decided to dub myself a Broccoli influencer. It's one of my favorite vegetables and this Caesar inspired Roasted Broccoli is perhaps one of the greatest things I've ever made (next to Broccoli Candy obviously)
Here's the deal, when done right, Broccoli can be incredible. When done improperly... it's sad. So let's make a pact right now to never had boring Broccoli ever again! Below you'll find one of my all time favorite ways to prep Broccoli and I can guarantee anyone ages 1+ would gobble this up.
First things first, let's talk about the different ways to cook broccoli. Boiling - great if you're trying to keep it easy/clean but it needs some doctoring up when it's done. Sautéing - excellent however it makes a bit of a mess on your stovetop. And then there is roasting - my all time favorite. I live for a roasted vegetable on the dinner table. The crispy bits from the hot oven make all the difference in the world when you're developing flavor.
This Caesar Roasted Broccoli has all those crispy bits plus the addition of a vegan Caesar dressing that is add both before roasting and after, some crispy panko breadcrumbs and some parmesan cheese. The result is the most perfect Roasted Broccoli you will even encounter and you should make it immediately!
A few tips and tricks for perfect Roasted Broccoli:
- Don't skimp on the olive oil before roasting! You need that fat to ensure these brown up nicely without drying out.
- The Vegan Caesar dressing is one that you've seen before here on WGC and it can easily be prepped ahead. If it gets too thick when prepping ahead, add a few tablespoons of water to thin it out.
- The crispy panko is EVERYTHING and please don't skip it. I put it on anything that needs an extra crunch and it's perfection.
- I know it's tempting to grab a bag of the pre-cut florets, but go for the full head of broccoli and cut them into florets yourself. The broccoli is more fresh, won't smell funny when roasted and will just be better!
Want some more Roasted Broccoli inspiration?
These recipes will ensure that your entire family will devour their veggies for the day:
- Broccoli Candy
- Chili Garlic Broccolini
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Lemon Roasted Broccolini
- Broccoli Fontina Quiche
- Parmesan and Feta Broccolini
What you’ll need:
Caesar Parm Roasted Broccoli
- 3-4 heads broccoli split into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⅔ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅔ cup panko bread crumbs, sautéed in olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- ½ cup Tahini Sauce, plus more as needed
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the broccoli evenly on the baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Using tongs, gently toss the florets in the oil to combine and season with 4 tablespoons of the tahini sauce, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
- Transfer the baking sheet into the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes until the broccoli is just golden and slightly crispy.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and drizzle more 2-3 tablespoons more of the tahini sauce on top. Toss with the toasted buttered breadcrumbs, tons of freshly grated parmesan cheese, lemon juice and zest and serve as needed.
- Don’t skimp on the olive oil before roasting! You need that fat to ensure these brown up nicely without drying out.
- The Vegan Caesar dressing is one that you’ve seen before here on WGC and it can easily be prepped ahead. If it gets too thick when prepping ahead, add a few tablespoons of water to thin it out.
- The crispy panko is EVERYTHING and please don’t skip it. I put it on anything that needs an extra crunch and it’s perfection.
- I know it’s tempting to grab a bag of the pre-cut florets, but go for the full head of broccoli and cut them into florets yourself. The broccoli is more fresh, won’t smell funny when roasted and will just be better!
So good and such an easy/delicious take on just some regular broccoli. This will be a staple for us! We used store bought Brianna’s caesar and it was perfection with it. Thanks Gaby
Absolute perfection. Best broccoli I've ever had! I could eat this every single day.
Gaby! Something is so wrong with this recipe. The recipe mentions 6 servings, but my husband and I devoured all of this dish on our own.
I’ll be making this on a regular basis.
lololololol. best comment ever
I made this Broccoli tonight and OH MY GOODNESS DELISH! I just got home from Israel, and brought back Tahini ( because it’s THE BEST)! Saw your recipe and this is really so so YUM! Another great recipe Gaby. Thank you again!! ❤️
3 heads of broccoli? That’s a lot!
we eat a lot of broccoli in this house
NO NOTES. SO GOOD CAPS ARE NECESSARY!!!
I made this last night, but wasn’t sure where to add the lemon juice & zest. They are listed as ingredients but not mentioned in the directions.
at the very end!
This sounds like it will be on constant rotation - so glad I am growing broccoli!!
Would you possibly have the nutrition facts for this recipe? (cal, fat, carb, protien)