This Curry Coconut Noodle Soup is easily one of my favorite WGC recipes! It's quick, aka it comes together in under 15 minutes, it's comforting and it's wildly flavorful!
There's a local Thai restaurant in LA called Jitalda. For those of you who don’t live in LA, it’s easily one of the best Thai restaurants in the city and it’s WAY out there in East Hollywood. It's a trek to make it out there, but it’s worth every minute of fighting traffic. Their menu is extensive and their food will knock your socks off. It's packed with so much flavor and heat, there is absolutely not chance you leave without sweating a little. Their curry noodles are other worldly in my opinion and I crave them on a regular basis during these winter months. The recipe below for Curry Coconut Noodle Soup is a very easy interpretation of their noodles and I'm HOOKED.
I've been making this Curry Coconut Noodle Soup for years and everyone loves it, including my 2 year old (I just skip the Fresno peppers for her as a garnish!)
The base of this Curry Coconut Noodle Soup is an incredible broth that doesn’t take too long to whip up, and then you just load it up rice noodles to soak up some of the sauce and thicken it up and top it with all sorts of herbs to give it that bright finish. And if you want to add some extra protein, you could easily add some shredded rotisserie chicken or poached shrimp to this and call it a day. It's perfection in a bowl, promise!
Here are a few of my other curry inspired recipes:
- Curry Lentil Soup
- Coconut Curry Mussels
- Thai Chicken Coconut Curry
- Coconut Curry Stuffed Peppers
- Curried Salmon Rice Bowl
If you tried this recipe, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Curry Coconut Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger minced
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoons curry powder
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 6.75 ounces of rice noodles
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresno chili’s thinly sliced
- Green onions
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic, ginger, curry paste and curry powder into the skillet and stir to combine. Cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Add the vegetable broth and deglaze the skillet. Add the coconut milk and bring the broth to a boil. Turn off from the heat, and add the noodles into the boiling broth and let the noodles cook. Once the noodles are cooked, season with salt and lime juice and serve as needed.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, basil, red chili’s and green onions.