If you love an Oreo – these Peppermint Oreo Truffles are about to be your JAM! 3 ingredients and you’re in business!
I know it’s a bold statement, but I think these Peppermint Oreo Truffles may just be better than slutty brownies. I know. It’s crazy. But they will literally rock your world.
Most truffle recipes require tempering chocolate and it takes a while… these are made with oreos, cream cheese and chocolate and come together VERY quickly. They are the perfect treat to make for any holiday parties or last minute office pot lucks! Plus they are the easiest things to make on earth.
Make these immediately. And give them to your friends, family and neighbors. Oh and your boss… basically a guaranteed raise. You just need Oreo’s, cream cheese and some white and dark chocolate for dipping. See? Easy.
If you can’t find peppermint cookies, you can use regular Oreo’s and throw in a 1/4 teaspoons of peppermint extract to give it that minty bite. The cookies and cream cheese go into a food processor and then less than 1 minute later you’ll have the insides gooey deliciousness that is going to make your truffle. From there, you just roll them into bite sized balls, chill them to harden them up, and then dip them in chocolate and drizzle with more chocolate. Done. Put them in your mouth and be happy. Trust me on this one. You need to make these immediately.
Let’s talk nitty gritty when it comes to storing these things!
- How long are Oreo Truffles good for?
- They’ll keep for 1 month in an air tight container in the fridge. Also you can keep them in the freezer for “emergencies” indefinitely.
- Do Oreo truffles need to be refrigerated?
- Yes! They are best served slightly chilled
- Can Oreo Truffles be made ahead of time?
- Absolutely! Just store in the fridge until serving.
Peppermint Oreo Truffles
- 16 ounce package of Oreos
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- white chocolate for melting / dipping
- dark chocolate for melting / dipping
- In a food processor, pulse the cookies for 1 minute until everything is finely ground. Add the cream cheese and peppermint extract and pulse until fully combined.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor, it should be sticky by this point and roll it into balls with a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop. Place the rolled balls onto a piece of parchment paper. Freeze for 30 minutes to harden.
- Melt the white and dark chocolate separately, according to the package directions.
- Dip half of the balls in white chocolate and transfer them back to the parchment paper. Repeat this for the remaining balls and the dark chocolate.
- Drizzle the white chocolate dipped balls with extra dark chocolate to garnish and vice versa. Let cool entirely before serving.