It's that time of year - time for to keep the freezer stocked with Christmas Mix (formerly known as Christmas Crack) so there's a little somethin' somethin' on hand when the sweet tooth strikes. It's Chex Christmas Mix and I am READY for it.
Table of Contents
Christmas Mix or Christmas Crack?
It once upon a time had a different name, but times change, we’re growing, learning and moving forward it’s only going to be referred to as Chex Christmas Mix from here on out. Also because we cannot control the way google terms show up in your search results, this might show up as something else but know that we are working every day to SEO Chex Christmas Mix. xx
Chex Christmas mix, is a holiday staple in our house. It's a crunchy, sweet, and salty mix that's absolutely addictive, and Thomas loves it! He always requests a batch when the holidays roll around. bottom line - this stuff is seriously delicious. No matter what you call it, Chex Christmas mix is always a hit. So if you're looking for a festive snack to share with your friends and family, look no further than this tasty treat!
If you're looking for a delicious and festive holiday snack, look no further than chex mix! This sweet and salty snack is made with a combination of cheerios, rice chex, wheat chex, pretzel sticks, M&M's and white chocolate. It's like trail mix on steroids - it's got everything! My mom's been making this mix for us for ages, especially during the holiday season because it's just so gorgeous and festive. I like to make big batches of this and pack it up so I can give it out as gifts around this time of year! Also - FYI - it keeps super well in the freezer. So what are you waiting for? Give chex mix a try this holiday season!
Chex Christmas Mix 101:
- Q: What does Chex Christmas Mix taste like?
A: It's sweet and salty with a perfect crunch
- Q: How long does it take to make Chex Christmas Mix?
A: It takes about 10 minutes - the same amount of time to melt white chocolate and mix everything together!
- Q: Can you sub different cereals in Chex Christmas Mix?
A: Absolutely. Any chex cereals are fantastic. You can even add nuts to the mixture if you dig it.
- Q: How do you store Chex Christmas Mix / can you freeze Chex Christmas Mix?
A: I store it in an air-tight plastic bag IN THE FREEZER. I actually like it best right out of the freezer - and this way it lasts forever and doesn't go stale.
- Q: How long does Chex Christmas Mix last?
A: This is a trick question. In my house, it lasts no more than a few days. But if you freeze it... it can last up to 4 weeks.
- Rice Chex
- Wheat Chex
- Pretzel Sticks
- White Chocolate
For other fun Chex Mix Recipes...
- Coconut White Chocolate Chex Party Mix
- White Chocolate Marshmallow S'mores Chex Bars
- Halloween Chex Mix
- 4th of July Mix
- Double Dark Chocolate Muddy Buddies
If you tried this recipe, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Chex Christmas Mix
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 1 cups Pretzel Sticks
- 2-3 cups m&m’s
- 24 oz White Chocolate plus an extra 4-8 oz if needed
- In a large bowl combine the Cheerios, Chex, Pretzels and m&m’s. Mix them up a bit, making sure that everything is evenly distributed.
- Meanwhile, over a double boiler, melt the white chocolate according to the directions on the package.
- Once the chocolate has melted and is a smooth consistency, drizzle the chocolate over the cereal mix and combine with a wooden spoon or hands. Make sure all the cereal is covered in chocolate. If you need to melt the extra white chocolate to cover all the mix then go right on ahead!
- Once the entire batch has been combined, lay it out to dry on a large sheet of parchment or wax paper. Let dry for 1 hour so the chocolate is cooled and hard. Break it up into medium pieces and store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.