You knew it was coming! I teased it a few weeks ago on my IG stories. It was only a matter of time before it hit the blog and TODAY IS THE DAY. Coconut White Chocolate Chex Party Mix. Hold onto your hats people, we’re changing the game.
My love of all things Chex cereals related runs DEEP. Like so deep we’ve been eating it / baking with it / crafting it into different treats since as long as I can remember. Chex is more than just a box of cereal – it’s truly the solution for your fall celebrations and/or holiday gatherings. Sweet or savory. It’s really the perfect snack! You all know about the Christmas crack situation
But today we’re getting even more wild. Coconut White Chocolate Chex Party Mix. It’s all your favorite Chex cereals mixed with tons of shredded coconut and melted white chocolate mixed with a little coconut oil. Say whaaaaaaaat. It’s perfection. Rice Chex, Wheat Chex and Corn Chex all are doused with white chocolate and each bite is perfection. Each cereal obviously has a slightly different taste and the white chocolate just melds everything together. You could even add some Chocolate Chex and you’ll be in business!
It’s the ultimate snack food for any upcoming Halloween party! Coconut White Chocolate Chex Party Mix is guaranteed to be a crowd favorite that requires almost no time or effort. It keeps you out of the kitchen, and enjoying the party which is exactly where I want to be!
Coconut White Chocolate Chex Party Mix
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 1 cup Shredded coconut
- 1 cups Pretzel Sticks
- 3 cups Halloween Colored M&M’s plus extra
- 24 oz White Chocolate plus more if needed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- In a large bowl combine everything except the white chocolate. Mix them up a bit, making sure that everything is evenly distributed.
- Meanwhile, over a double boiler, melt the white chocolate and coconut oil according to the directions on the chocolate package.
- Once the chocolate has melted and is a smooth consistency, drizzle the chocolate over the cereal mix and combine with a wooden spoon. Make sure all the cereal is covered in chocolate. If you need to melt the extra white chocolate to cover all the mix then go right on ahead!
- Once the entire batch has been combined, lay it out to dry on a large sheet of parchment or wax paper, sprinkle extra M&M’s on top. Let dry for 4 hours so the chocolate is cooled and hard. Break it into pieces and store in an airtight container. I prefer to keep it stored in the freezer so it lasts forever.