Your quest for the best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe ends here! Banana Bread is just one of those recipes that you need in your back pocket. I've had plenty of banana bread in my day and this recipe below features everything that I'm looking for!
Table of Contents
Why I Love This Recipe
If you're looking for an easy banana bread recipe, look no further! It's seriously the best banana bread I've ever had - and it's super easy to make. It's moist, flavorful, and perfect for breakfast or dessert. Plus, it's so easy to make that even the most novice baker can successfully bake a delicious loaf of banana bread, including kids. So if you're looking for a delicious and foolproof banana bread recipe, look no further! This one is a winner. Preheat your oven and let's get started! 🙂
I'm a HUGE banana bread fan. Chocolate Chip Banana Bread in particular. Like I could easily put down an entire loaf of this without any questions. I'm that big of a fan. I'm also fairly certain that this classic banana bread recipe with Chocolate Chips was one of the the first recipes I ever learned how to bake. My guess, my mom taught it to me so I could start making it myself and she didn't have to make bi-weekly batches because we ate it so quickly. Perks of having a child! Given this history, I love all banana desserts and I've many amazing recipes for them, double chocolate banana bread, banana pudding and these lovely banana cream pie parfaits!!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Unsalted Butter
- White Sugar
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chips
*Full banana bread recipe, measurements, and instructions in the recipe card below
How to Make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Step 1: In a large stand mixer, combine the butter and sugar until combined.
Step 2: Add the eggs, and milk, and mix.
Step 3: Add the banana and mix. The batter will look a little curdled, this is normal.
Step 4: Add the flour and the baking soda and mix until the flour is evenly combines.
Step 5: Add the chocolate chips and give it all a quick stir.
Step 6: Spray 2 loaf pans with non-stick spray and evenly divide the batter in the 2 pans.
Step 7: Transfer the loaf pans to the oven and bake for 45 minutes until a knife can be inserted in the center of the loaf and it comes out clean. Remove the banana bread loafs from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes before removing them from the pans and serving. If they need a little more time, continue baking until the knife comes out clean.
There's a video below if you want a step by step tutorial for the most moist banana bread recipe!
How to store banana bread?
Once your banana bread has completely cooled, store in a container with a fitted lid or one covered tightly with plastic wrap. These containers are my absolute favorite Glass Tupperware containers for storing leftovers. Keep the banana bread in the fridge until you’re ready to reheat the leftovers.
Can you freeze banana bread?
You can 100% freeze banana bread. In fact, I usually make a double batch with this banana bread recipe so I can save a loaf or two in the freezer. When we freeze our banana bread, we usually store tit in a ziplock freezer bag. There have been many times when I will be going through our freezer and come across a loaf that I had forgotten about, and its like the best surpirse ever because I know what I will be having for breakfast or dessert for the next couple of days 🙂
So there you have it! My favorite banana bread recipe that is sure to please. This recipe has been tried and tested by many, so I know that it's a winner. Be sure to watch the video below for a step-by-step guide on how to make this deliciousness. And if you decide to give it a try, don't forget to let me know how it turns out!
How long does banana bread last?
This is a hard question because we usually eat it so fast that is gone after two days. However if you do not devour it right away, banana bread lasts 4 days on the counter and up to a week when stored in the fridge. If you are going to freeze it then you can save it for about 4 months when stored in a ziplock freezer back or airtight container.
What to look for in a good banana bread recipe?
1. It HAS to be moist. No one likes a dry banana bread recipe.
2. Chocolate- The little chocolate chips give it that extra hint of sweetness.
3. No nuts. Okay you can add nuts if you want, but I'm partial to a no-nut banana bread! They just get in my way on my quest for the chocolate chips.
4. It has to taste like banana! Load it up, I usually put in about 4 bananas. It's the right thing to do.
How to freeze and thaw bananas?
Place unpeeled bananas straight into the freezer. When its time to use them, remove them from the freezer for a few hours and let thaw in a large bowl. Trim the top off the banana and let the banana slide out of the peel and into the bowl for banana bread.
Looking for more amazing breakfast ideas? Try these:
- Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 60+ easy breakfast ideas
- 20 Easy ways to spruce up your avocado toast
- Breakfast Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 20 Best Breakfast Ideas for Back to School
- Breakfast Burritos
- Fried Egg Breakfast Sandwich
If you tried this recipe, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- ¾ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 4 over ripe bananas
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips plus extra for sprinkling on top
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large stand mixer, combine the butter and sugar and whip for 2 minutes until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is evenly combined.
- Add the milk and the bananas and mix for 30 seconds. The batter will look a little curdled, this is normal.
- Add the flour and the baking soda and mix for a few seconds until the flour is evenly combines. Add the chocolate chips and give it all a quick stir.
- Spray 2 loaf pans (8.5"Wx4.5"Dx2.75"H) with non-stick spray and evenly divide the batter in the 2 pans.
- Transfer the loaf pans to the oven and bake for 45-55 minutes until a knife can be inserted in the center of the loaf and it comes out clean. Remove the banana bread loafs from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes before removing them from the pans and serving. If they need a little more time, continue baking until the knife comes out clean.