Buckle up toddlers – these Soft Banana Cookies are going to be your favorite treat. Bonus: parents love them too (speaking from experience!)
Listen, I’m currently on a quest to make sure Poppy has a VERY developed palate by the time she gets to kindergarten and so far, it’s going great! The girl will eat just about everything I put in front of her with the exception of lettuce. Nothing is off limits. She’ll eat any kind of protein, loves veggies in all shapes and sizes, will put DOWN a bowl of pasta, lives for rice, avocado is her best friend… you name it. I’m also not shying away from a treat every now and then! I want her to know what all flavors taste like and that includes sugar!
Listen, do I give her a cookie at every meal… absolutely not. But if Thomas and I are having dessert at a restaurant, I let her have some! If there are cookies on the counter, I’ll break off a piece for her. And these Soft Banana Cookies are some of her absolute favorite. Plus they’re loaded with all sorts of great ingredients so I feel good giving her the entire cookie and letting her go to town!
Recipe is below, per usual! Feel free to make it your own. Sub out a different nut butter if you prefer. Add some chopped dried fruit if you want. It’s a great base recipe that you can prep ahead, stock in the freezer, and let come to room temp before serving!
Soft Banana Cookies
- 2 ripe medium bananas
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour (you can sub for almond flour if you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, beat together bananas, almond butter, water and vanilla until smooth. Add the almond flour, chia seeds, hemp hearts, cacao powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and mix until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place 12 cookies onto the baking sheet evenly, 2-3 tablespoons each.
- If you have more banana, add a slice to the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes – you want them to still be a little soft. Cool and serve.