We’ve officially joined the toddler smoothie train!! Lucky for me, Poppy has the same palate as her mama so while this is technically her smoothie recipe, it’s everything I want in a smoothie too! Pink Smoothie all around!
As with all my smoothies, the below recipe is very customizable. You can use it as is, or you can use it as a base recipe and build. I love it because I’m packing all sorts of incredible fruits into 1 drink, plus protein from the yogurt. I occasionally add some extra add-ins (see below) and she still gobbles it up. We are obsessed. And I can guarantee you will be too!
A few other add-ins for this Pink Smoothie:
- Chia Seeds – add in some extra omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants
- Hemp Hearts – loaded with plant based protein and omegas
- Flax Seed Powder – loaded with thiamine, which plays a key role in metabolism as well as cell function
- Bee Pollen – packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- Spinach leaves or baby Kale – never a bad idea to add some more greens into a smoothie
- Cacao Powder – loaded with flavonoids. These have been shown to help lower blood pressure and improve blood flow.
- Spoonful of Almond or Peanut Butter for extra protein
Poppy’s Pink Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 banana
- 1 ⅓ cups milk of choice I use my homemade oat milk recipe
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave (omit the honey if you're making for a baby under 1, or use the agave)
- Blend. Serve. Boom.
This sounds great. Is there a link to your oat milk recipe somewhere on the site? I haven’t been able to find one so far. Thanks.
Boom! Love that ❤️❤️
Sounds great! Yet, it’s not recommended for babies to eat honey
you can have honey if you’re over 1!
Poppy, cheers! (Clink)
This smoothie was pink perfection! My husband, 3 year old, and I all loved it!!! Thank you for such an easy, delicious recipe!
A great smoothie recipe! We do change it up by adding almond butter or flax seed and chia seeds! Either way it’s delicious!
Love this smoothie! My kids ask for it several times a week!!