We’re on a roll over here with the broccoli and broccolini recipes. This time it’s Poppy’s Garlic Butter Broccoli that is truly out of this world perfect and it will get any picky eater to be obsessed with broccoli (or any other veggie for that matter)
I shared this Poppy’s Garlic Butter Broccoli on Instagram a few weeks ago and everyone went wild for this recipe (including my toddler) so it only feels right that it has a permanent place here on WGC. This steamed (or boiled) broccoli recipe with a garlic butter and parmesan “sauce” is actual vegetable candy. The method you’ll see below is perfect for just about any vegetable under the sun when you’re introducing flavor to babies and toddlers.
The broccoli is steamed or boiled a little more than if I were cooking it just for adults (easier to chew and swallow) so adjust as needed for whomever you’re making. You’ll see some notes in the Garlic Butter Broccoli recipe box on timing. Have at it my friends – this is phenomenal for anyone age 1+
Need more broccoli inspiration – we have you covered:
Parmesan Feta Broccolini is another great way to serve to kids (leave out the red pepper flakes if you want)
Chili Garlic Broccolini is ideal for an adult dinner party
Broccolini Fontina Quiche is truly heaven
Grilled Broccolini is perfect as a summer side dish!
Garlic Butter Broccoli
- 2-3 heads broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot finely chopped (OPTIONAL)
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon juiced (1-2 tablespoons)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Steam or boil the broccoli until fork tender, about 7-10 minutes.
- In a small skillet, melt butter with olive oil. Add shallot and saute for 90 seconds. Add garlic and saute another 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Toss the garlic mixture with drained broccoli. Season with salt, pepper, lemon juice and freshly grated parmesan cheese to taste. Serve immediately.