If you're not on the hot honey train for salads, pizzas and all things summer, I need that to change today! Please welcome this stunningly beautiful Stone Fruit Salad with a Hot Honey Vinaigrette into your life!
Just take a look at this stunningly beautiful salad with a Hot Honey Vinaigrette. Butter lettuce, fresh stone fruit that's in peak season, herbs to brighten things up, avocado because duh and this Hot Honey Spiced Vinaigrette that you're going to want to drizzle drazzle on everything for the rest of this calendar year. It's perfect in every sense of the word.
If you've never had hot honey before - it's just a delicious bottle of honey with a touch of spice. Nothing too extreme but enough to give whatever you're using it on an extra dimension of flavor. It's perfect on the peaches and avocado in this salad. And the dressing is so flavorful, you'll want a double or triple batch on hand because it's great on truly anything. Roasted veggies, toss it on there. A slice of avocado toast, give it a drizzle. Leftover pasta that needs to become a pasta salad... you get the idea.
What you’ll need:
Stone Fruit Salad with Hot Honey Vinaigrette
- 3-4 heads butter lettuce or baby romaine
- 1 bunch fresh chives snipped
- 2 avocados sliced
- 4 persian cucumbers sliced
- 2 ripe peaches sliced
- 2 ripe nectarines sliced
Hot Honey Vinaigrette
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 tablespoons hot honey
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Toss the lettuce, avocado, fruit, cucumbers and snipped chives with the vinaigrette and serve on a large platter. Add extra parm on top if desired.
For the Vinaigrette
- Whisk all ingredients together until emulsified.