We’re adding one more veggie side dish to your Thanksgiving table today… a Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad with a Balsamic Vinaigrette and fresh pomegranate arils!! Trust me… you can thank me later!
Seeing as how Thanksgiving is just around the corner, I’d say most of us are fairly prepped when it comes to the big day. We’ve got the turkey and gravy on lock down, perhaps a green salad of some sorts, a few cocktails and an assortment of sides. If you ask me, or anyone in my family, you can never have enough of the side dishes. In fact, those are the best parts of the meal!
If you loved the classic Brussels sprouts recipe I posted a few weeks back, then you’re going to LOVE this one. It’s a Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad that is doused with a light balsamic garlic vinaigrette and tons of POM POMS Fresh Pomegranate Arils. If you’ve never seen POM POMS in the stores… open your eyes! They are a game changer. Fresh pomegranate seeds that are ready to elevate any meal. Just look at this one for example… bursts of ruby red POM POMS make it so much more festive and add an extra oomph to the dish. These have the perfect sweet flavor, especially when mixed with the acidity of the balsamic vin and adults and kids alike will be fully obsessed. You can add them to any veggie side dish this time of year really…. Roasted delicata squash YES, quartered pumpkin ABSOLUTELY, sweet potatoes WHY NOT! Or just toss them into every single salad you make this time of the year. They are guaranteed to spruce up any recipe.
And… talk about a time saver. You don’t even need to spend the time taking the arils out of the pomegranates because it’s already been done for you!! Let’s get into it
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad
For the Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds
Brussels sprouts,trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup
POM POMS Fresh Pomegranate Arils
For the vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the halved Brussels Sprouts on a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Transfer the baking sheet into the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes until the sprouts are fully cooked and the edges are crispy.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper until well combined. Add the roasted Brussels sprouts to the vinaigrette and top with the POM POMS. Toss to combine and serve immediately.