Here we go – Thanksgiving is happening here on WGC!! It’s not Thanksgiving without my favorite Sautéed Brussels Sprouts Recipe. This dish is sure to win over everyone at the table and be an instant hit on Thanksgiving.
Are you guys getting as excited about Thanksgiving recipes as me? It’s going to be the best day EVER!! So don’t mind me while I dive head first into Thanksgiving food for the next 3 weeks. We have a lot of ground to cover and we need to be fully prepared! To kick things off I want to share with you, what I believe to be the best Brussels Sprouts Recipe there is.
This Sautéed Brussels Sprouts Recipe (with lemon and garlic) is probably one of my favorite green veggie dishes ever. And especially this time of year. These have made an appearance at our Thanksgiving dinner for the last 9 years in a row and I’ll never forget the first time I served it at my grandparents house.
The day before Thanksgiving I told everyone my menu – and my Uncle looked at me like I was nuts. Sautéed Brussels Sprouts?!? Whaaaaaaat. Who are you? I’m not eating that – is what he said. And I was like, “listen, I’m gonna need you to take a deep breath… and stop acting like you’re a 4 year old (he was 49 at the time). Try them tomorrow and hold your horses.” And then, as predicted, the next day he had 3 servings. THREE SERVINGS PEOPLE!!! If that’s not proof that this is the best recipe than I don’t know what is!
These take almost no time to prepare and you could even clean, trim and prep the Brussels Sprouts the day before so it makes cooking them even easier!
PS – are you thinking of putting this on your Thanksgiving menu? Check out the full What’s Gaby Cooking menu here along with the master prep schedule to keep things organized and on track!
And if you need more Thanksgiving Ideas check out this roundup of 80+ Thanksgiving Recipes and Ideas
Did you love this Brussels Sprouts Recipe? If so check these out:
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Crispy Lemon Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad with Pomegranate Seeds
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Garlic Brussels Sprouts Pasta
Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Garlic Butter
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts trimmed and cut in half
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the trimmed Brussels Sprouts and sauté for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown and fork tender, giving them a stir halfway through to ensure they cook evenly.
- Once golden brown on some sides, add the butter, red pepper flakes and garlic and sauté for 1 minute more until fragrant. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve as needed.