It’s not Thanksgiving without Sautéed Brussels Sprouts!!
Are you guys as excited about Thanksgiving as me? It’s going to be the best day EVER!! So don’t mind me while I continue to post all my fav Thanksgiving recipes on a daily basis because we have a lot of ground to cover in the next few days and we need to be fully prepared!
Sautéed Brussels Sprouts (with lemon and garlic) are probably one of my favorite green veggies on the table this time of year. It’s made an appearance at our Thanksgiving dinner for the last 6 years in a row and I’ll never forget the first time I served it at my grandparents house. The day before Thanksgiving I told everyone my menu – and my Uncle looked at me like I was nuts. Sautéed Brussels Sprouts?!? Whhhaattt. Who are you? I’m not eating that – is what he said. And I was like, listen, I’m gonna need you to take a deep breath… just you wait. And then, as predicted, the next day he had 3 servings. THREE SERVINGS PEOPLE!!! If that’s not proof that this is the best recipe than I don’t know what is!
PS – are you thinking of putting this on your Thanksgiving menu? Check out the full What’s Gaby Cooking menu here along with the master prep schedule to keep things organized and on track!
- 2 pounds Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 2-3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 4 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium high heat.
- Add the trimmed Brussels and sauté for about 10 minutes until golden brown and fork tender, giving them a stir halfway through to ensure they cook evenly
- Once caramelized, add the red pepper flakes and garlic and sauté for 1 minute more. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve as needed.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!