Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad! A little something healthy to keep us in balance this holiday season.
Want to watch this on video: here you go! Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad
I’m in need of some greeeeens. I’ve been going hard on the cookie situation and need a moment to detox before I get back into the cookies. So I’m keeping it pretty light but festive today before we get into some really decadent recipes next week. Get excited. Things are going to look real festive in the What’s Gaby Cooking world. But first – let’s be festive with this Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad!
Have you guys ever had raw Brussels Sprouts? They’re ah-mazing. Trust me. Don’t be nervous. I mean, they are incredible roasted and sautéed, but raw… it’s a whole new playing field. These are sliced SUPER thin and then tossed together with cranberries, candied walnuts, shaved parmesan cheese and avocados! You can do it on a mandolin, in a food processor or with a good old fashion knife! Any way you cut it, just make sure they are super thin. I shoved as many super foods in the recipe as possible because hello, I was on a cookie diet last week.
Let’s get into it!
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, stemmed and leaves thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup candied walnuts, chopped
- Shaved Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Using a mandolin, thinly slice the Brussels sprouts. Place in a large bowl, add the kale and toss to combine
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, shallot, garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the Brussels sprouts and kale and toss to coat well. Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds, avocado, candied walnuts and parmesan cheese over the salad and toss to combine.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!