I don’t know about you guys but I have been trying to slam as many vegetables into this bod as humanly possible these days! And most recently it’s been coming in the form of this Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Pecorino, Grapes and Marcona Almonds and OMG IT’S DIVINE!
It’s pretty clear we all love a good Brussels Sprouts recipe here at WGC. We’ve done Shredded Brussels Sprouts before, and they are epic! The Lemon Garlic Sautéed Brussels are consistently one of the top recipes on WGC. And the Roasted Brussels with Pomegranates made a MEGA appearance this year on everyones holiday tables. So it makes sense to add another winner to the bunch to round it out.
This Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad get doused with a lemon garlic shallot vinaigrette and then tossed with some crunchy red grapes, a little salty cheese and some Marcona almonds for crunch. It’s the perfect salad to have as a side dish for fall and winter months. Or top it with your fav protein and turn it into the main course. I’ve been adding salmon on top and it’s truly a match made in heaven.
And a quick work about shaving Brussels Sprouts:
- you can either use a really sharp knife – my favs are here! Along with a great knife sharpener.
- Or you can invest in a mandolin. This is ours and it’s been with me for YEARS! Either way – just go slowly and watch your fingers!!
Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2-3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 cups red grapes, washed and halved
- 1/2 cup marcona almonds
- 1/2 cup shaved Pecorino or Parmesan cheese
- Using a mandolin or a very sharp knife, carefully thinly slice the Brussels sprouts. Place in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, shallot, garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the Brussels sprouts and toss to coat well. Sprinkle the grapes, Marcona almonds and pecorino cheese over the salad and toss to combine.
Heck yes!! This is just what the winter ordered!
This is the best salad combo I’ve seen in awhile. Kudos.
Gaby! I love your flavor combos, recipes, videos, posts — everything! I’m a huge fan.
Quick question… any subs for the red grapes? We’re just not big grape fans, but I’m sure they lend a lot of of juice and sweetness. Thanks!!
hmmmmmm they do pack a lot of flavor! any of your other fav fruit would be delish!
I did not have grapes, so used apple diced small — worked great!
This was perfect- light and indulgent. It was even better the next day! Slicing the brussels sprouts was slow but mindless and therapeutic! Will make over and over again. As usual.
THE BEST! Such a great combo of sweet, salty and crunchy. I am not a big brussel sprout fan but LOVE them this way. Highly recommend
This recipe is perfect! We tried it, loved it and have since made it again. It’s easy and so so wonderful!
Delicious! I’m allergic to nuts so I used seeds instead and it was great!
My fiancée and I have made this half a dozen times now and counting. It’s become our go-to. Don’t hesitate, just make it.
Hi! I love this salad and was wondering if you have added ever a freakin to it to make it hardier? Is there one you might suggest?
you could add farro! would be delish