So many of you asked for new healthy / easy weeknight meals that featured a bit of fish and you know I like to deliver! So with that said... let's make Pan Seared White Fish with Tomato Basil Beans!
This super easy and rustic mediterranean style fish is legit the perfect meal. It comes together in under 30 minutes, is loaded with all sorts of incredibly flavors from the beans, basil, tomato sauce etc and has a perfect flaky piece of fish on top! I'm honestly obsessed and it's going in the regular weekly rotation from here on out!
Bonus - if you're not into fish - just replace the fish with any of your favorite proteins like chicken, steak, shrimp, tofu etc and you're still in business! The tomato basil beans work with just about anything OR even by themselves!
White Fish with Tomato Basil White Beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- torn basil and parsley
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 12-ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 lb white fish, thawed and any pin bones removed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup white wine
- grated parmesan cheese for topping
- lemon juice to finish
- Combine olive oil, garlic, herbs, salt, pepper, tomatoes and their juices, and white beans in a small bowl. Set aside to marinate while cooking the fish
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Pat the fish dry and liberally season with salt and pepper, and pan-fry on each side for about 4-6 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the butter to the skillet and melt. Add the tomato white bean mixture over medium high heat and bring to a saute, add the splash of wine and let the alcohol cook off. Reduce to a low simmer – the sauce should start to thicken. Season with salt and pepper. Once thickened, nestle the fish back in and spoon some of the sauce over top of the fish and serve. Garnish with plenty of grated parm and a squeeze of lemon.