This Chickpea Chopped Salad is a mash up of a Greek Salad mixed with some crispy roasted chickpeas and the most delicious chopped salad dressing you’ll ever make! It’s perfect for prepping ahead and taking to work or keeping on hand in the fridge for busy days.
I live for an easy lunch. This Chickpea Chopped Salad is exactly that. It’s easy to prep ahead. Lasts for a few days when store in the fridge, and packs some serious flavor and protein.
What’s in a Chickpea Chopped Salad:
- Crispy Chickpeas – I keep canned chickpeas stocked at all times so I can not only make hummus, my fav baked chickpea dish, or throw a handful or two into the oven to throw on salads. It’s an easy way to add protein into a meal without having to make chicken, steak, seafood etc. In the Chickpea Chopped Salad recipe you’ll see below, there are chickpeas two ways. One is seasoned with an easy spice blend and roasted until crispy, and the other way is just drained and rinsed straight out of the can. Double protein and double texture!
- Cherry Tomatoes – you can’t have a Greek inspired chop without tons of tomatoes! It’s tomato season, so go snag some at the store and get cooking!
- Cucumbers – another food that I always have on hand! I love a Persian cucumber as they are smaller, easier to chop and the skin is a little bit easier to bite into so no peeling required!
- Herbs – my favorite way to add lots of flavor quickly! I’m using parsley and mint and basil in this one! But feel free to add chives if you have them on hand. They’re an excellent addition.
- Roasted Red Bell Peppers – if you have time to fire up the grill and make some yourself- please do! Otherwise, snag a jar from the store and give them a rough chop. It’s a nice addition of sweetness from the pepper.
What you’ll need:
Chickpea Chopped Salad
For the Chickpeas
- 1/3 cup canned chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
For the Salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 whole Persian cucumbers sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh basil torn
- 4-6 ounces feta cheese crumbled from a block of feta
For the Roasted Chickpeas
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Place chickpeas onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt and spices. Transfer the baking sheet into the oven and roast for 20 minutes until crispy. Remove and transfer to a paper towel lined plate to keep them crispy.
For the Chopped Salad
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumbers, roasted red pepper, and herbs to the bowl and toss to combine. Taste and season as needed. Add the feta cheese, and toss in the roasted chickpeas. Adjust seasoning as needed and serve.