Here’s the deal with this Asian Chicken Slaw… It’s awesome. Epic. So good you’ll want to lick the bottom of the bowl just to make sure that every last bit of goodness has been consumed and none is left to waste. And you can make it vegetarian style or with chicken.
It’s colorful, packed with flavor and it’s been making an appearance the past few week like whoa. I can’t be stopped.
PLUS… totally figure friendly! Which is really wonderful considering that we’re heading into football food / appetizer season and that’s not quite so figure friendly So this Asian Chicken Slaw is kinda my best friend right now and I can 1000% guarantee you that you’re going to love it.
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 head Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head Red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 6 green onions, thinly cut on the bias
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- fresh basil, thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro
- 1-2 cups shredded chicken breast (optional)
- Whisk together the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice, peanut butter and garlic until smooth.
- Combine the Napa cabbage, red cabbage, sliced bell peppers. carrot and green onion and toss together. Add in a handful of avocado, sliced basil and fresh cilantro along with the shredded chicken.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the vegetables and chicken and toss to combine. Season with extra soy sauce if needed and serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!