Sometimes you just need a quick and easy weeknight meal and these Ginger Scallion Chicken Wraps are exactly that!
This past weekend was intense!! The best kind of intense, but crazy none the less. Friday I prepped for a HUGE party I was catering. Saturday I cooked ALL.DAY.LONG and then put together an epic spread for 60 complete with the most delicious cheese platter of all times. And then Sunday we headed over to some friends for an Oscar’s viewing party complete with the most genius fondue I’ve ever had in my life. Needless to say, I’m wiped. I need a weekend from my weekend. And when dinner rolls around tonight, I’ll be shocked if I can stand up for more than 20 minutes. Enter these Ginger Scallion Chicken Wraps!!
It’s a combo of some of my favorite vegetables (including tons of Shitake mushrooms – YES – they are the best!) and some shredded chicken that gets wrapped up in a spinach tortilla and then dipped in some extra sauce. It’s filling, healthy, perfect and I’m obsessed. They also double as a great lunch when you need to take something into the office. Just skip the dipping sauce while you wrap and take it separately so your wrap doesn’t get soggy! Cause ain’t nobody got time for that!
Ginger Scallion Chicken Wraps
- ½ head napa cabbage shredded
- ½ head purple cabbage shredded
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper cut into matchsticks
- ½ english cucumber cut into matchsticks
- 6 ounces shitake mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cooked chicken breasts shredded
For the Ginger/Scallion sauce:
- 1 bunch scallions thinly sliced (about 1 ¼ cup total)
- 1 3- inch piece of ginger peeled and very finely minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 Large Spinach tortilla wraps
- In a large bowl combine the napa cabbage, purple cabbage, yellow and red bell pepper and cucumber.
- In a medium skillet, saute the mushrooms in the oil until golden brown. Once golden, remove and add to the cabbage mixture along with the shredded chicken breasts.
- Combine the ingredients for the Ginger Scallion sauce in a bowl. Put half of the sauce aside to use for dipping, and combine the remaining half with the cabbage mixture and toss to combine.
- Arrange the 4 large spinach tortilla wraps on a clean surface. Spoon equal amounts of the cabbage chicken mixture in the middle of each wrap and wrap (like chipotle) to seal. Cut in half and serve immediately.