Being an Arizona girl means many things. 1- I’m always down for a margarita. 2 – anything below 80 degrees is considered cold. 3 – Pico de Gallo is a way of life.
I take my salsa very seriously. Similar to this restaurant style Chipotle Salsa, it needs to be fresh, perfectly spicy and topped with a splash of lime juice. These things are very important and seeing as how I call for fresh pico de gallo is 2387429834% of my recipes, it was high time I post my perfect pico!
Pico de Gallo
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes cut into 1/4- to 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 large white onion finely diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 to 2 jalapeño chilies finely diced (seeds and membranes removed for a milder salsa)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- In a large bowl combine the diced tomatoes, white onion, jalapeño, cilantro and lime juice. Gently toss to combine.
- Taste and season with salt as needed. Add extra jalapeño if you want a bit more zip.