Greek Chicken and Potatoes is one of those comforting one-skillet meals that takes care of business on gloomy winter days.
After spending the weekend in sunny Santa Barbara (and consuming more than my fair share of fish tacos) we came home yesterday to a serious torrential downpour. It was insane. So crazy that I had donned my pajamas by 2pm and didn't move from the couch. It's days like yesterday that call for a big 'ol skillet of Greek Chicken and Potatoes. Everything gets piled into a big cast iron skillet, seasoned with a marinade so addicting you'll want to drink it, and roasted until the chicken and the potatoes are golden, crispy and pure perfection!
Depending on how prepared I am, I'll either top it with a big dollop of homemade tzatziki or sprinkle some chopped cucumbers, tomatoes and feta on top. Either topping gives it that extra layer of flavor and makes this the perfect dinner!
Greek Chicken and Potatoes
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 whole chicken cut down into breasts, thighs and legs
- 6 medium Yukon Gold Potatoes cut into bite sized pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Cucumber medium dice
- Cherry Tomatoes halved
- Crumbled Feta
- Stir together the lemon juice, garlic, herbs, red pepper flakes and olive oil in a bowl. Place the chicken in a large zip lock bag and pour ¾th of the marinade on top. Marinate in the fridge for 12- 24 hours.
- Once the chicken is marinated, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with the remaining marinade, toss to combine. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper. Arrange the potatoes on the bottom of a large cast iron skillet. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on top of the potatoes and season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Roast the chicken and potatoes in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Top with the chopped cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and feta and serve immediately.