Besides my major love affair with all things basil vinaigrette related… I’m also majorly crushing on this Homemade Tzatziki recipe. I’m not even quite sure you could call it a crush, because I’ve been eating this delicious dip by the boatload for years.
Homemade Tzatziki is one of those things you can whip up every few days and keep on hand for when lunch and dinner roll around. It goes perfectly with so many different dishes like Yogurt Marinated Grilled Chicken Skewers that are coming your way in 48 hours. It’s also amazing on top of some pita or naan for a quick and easy snack. It works with lamb, steak and any kind of vegetable under the sun. You can throw it on a bowl of quinoa and magically your quinoa is the most delicious thing in the entire world. Bottom line, we all need a kick ass Homemade Tzatziki sauce recipe that we can use 365 days a year. And I’ve got just the one for you….
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Persian cucumber small dice
- Juice of 1 lemon plus more if needed
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, diced cucumber, lemon juice garlic and dill. Stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and taste. Adjust salt, pepper or lemon juice depending on your preference. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.