Okay. So we’ve talked about the importance of Tzatziki. Now let’s tackle the most amazing chicken skewers EVER, that get slathered with Tzatziki like whoa. Ready? Yogurt Marinated Grilled Chicken Skewers are happening.
These Yogurt Marinated Grilled Chicken Skewers are insane. Literally, they shouldn’t be legal. We shot these down in the studio a few weeks back and the entire team gobbled them up in seconds. The chicken is moist and grilled to utter perfection.
Now I know we’ve all heard of marinating chicken in yogurt… but these go so far beyond that!! The marinade for Yogurt Marinated Grilled Chicken Skewers is packed with crushed red pepper flakes, sweet paprika, red wine vinegar, tomato paste, garlic and lemon juice. It’s perfection. They are slightly spicy but just a hint! Promise me you’ll make these. Because if you do, I can guarantee you that you’ll want to use this recipe for the rest of your life. AND THEN you can dip the chicken into the homemade Tzatziki we talked about the other day. Game OVER. Send me an invite – I can’t get enough!
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges/sliced for serving
- 2 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken (thighs and/or breasts), cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 recipe Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
- Combine the crushed red pepper and paprika in large bowl and stir in 2 tablespoons of hot water and let stand for 5 minutes. Add the yogurt, olive oil, red wine vinegar, tomato paste, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper to spice mixture in bowl; whisk to combine. Stir in garlic and lemon juice, then chicken. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Prepare grill over medium-high heat. Thread chicken pieces on skewers, dividing equally. Discard marinade in bowl. Sprinkle each skewer with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken until golden brown and cooked through, turning skewers occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes total. Transfer skewers to platter.
- Serve with tzatziki and extra lemon wedges
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!