Nothing makes me happier than cooking for a bunch of friends and hosting a summer party! NOTHING. That’s what this summer is going to be all about here on What’s Gaby Cooking and today we’re kicking off that theme with Grilled Beef Kebabs!!
A few weeks back after we had my salsa party, I hopped a flight 2 hours later, flew to AZ and hung out with one of my friends and broke down some easy hosting tips/tricks/recipes for summer entertaining with Kikkoman®. You’ll get all the bits and bobs from the video below, but I wanted to share the recipe for the Grilled Beef Kebabs because OMG they are so good. Like seriously good, every time I make these Thomas freaks out and proclaims they are the best things I’ve made all week!!
Beef Sirloin is one of my favorite cuts of beef for grilling. In this recipe the meat is marinated in Kikkoman® Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce, threaded on skewers with various veggies and then drizzled with a scallion sesame seed sauce (try saying that 10 times fast!) The whole recipe takes almost no time to create and it can be prepped ahead of time. Then you can just throw the kebabs on the grill when your guests arrive and continue to be the hostess with the mostess. You’re welcome! And the final product: it’s a game changer! The soy sauce and the spices leave the meat perfectly seasoned, succulent and you won’t want to share the other kebabs! Maybe it’s best to make a double batch! Grab the recipe below and check out the video for some more fun tips and tricks to weave into your summertime parties!! xo
Grilled Beef Kebabs
For the Beef Kebabs
- 1 bottle Kikkoman® Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce plus extra for brushing
- 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin tips cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet onion sliced into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 1/2-inch squares
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1 1/2-inch squares
- 1 orange bell pepper cut into 1 1/2-inch squares
For the Scallion Sauce
- 15 scallions very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman® Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Place beef cubes in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add Kikkoman® Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce and seal bag, pressing out as much air as possible. Transfer to the refrigerator and marinate for 6-8 hours.
- Thread beef onto metal skewers, alternating with the onion and colorful bell peppers. Discard the marinade.
- Combine all ingredients for the scallion sauce in a large bowl just before you begin grilling; stir occasionally and add extra Kikkoman® Soy Sauce depending on your taste preference.
- Light a gas or charcoal grill. Grill the skewers over direct high heat until beef is well seared on all sides, about 3-4 minutes per side. Brush the skewers all over with additional Kikkoman® Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce. Cover grill and continue to cook until center of beef is medium. Transfer skewers to platter and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with the scallion sauce on the side for extra dipping.
Photo by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling by Adam Pearson / Recipe from What’s Gaby Cooking
I love grilling season! Perfection!
Gimme all of the kebabs, so easy to make and everyone loves them 🙂
I can’t get over how delicious the scallion sauce sounds! I need to try this!!
These are awesome! Perfect summer grilling- I just love how easy this is!
These look great! Definitely going on my must-cook list this summer.
Makes me want to get out and grill right now!
you have some pretty awesome friends! Takes one to know one, right? 😉
Kebobs –> HEAVENLY! I love me some grilled beef with a good marinade!
These look incredible, Gabby! Nothing beats food on sticks! Love the video, too!
Love everything about this! Summer grilling is the best and kebabs are a favorite. Great entertaining video also!
We had these for dinner last night…DELISH! With weekend prep to chop veg, the kebabs came together in less than 20 minutes, which is perfect for a work night. We paired with a bit of brown rice, and will definitely make again
If I don’t have a grill, can I just put these in the oven?!
yes – or do it on a indoor grill pan