We’re getting into the heart of summer produce and there’s no better way to celebrate than with an Avocado Corn Salad loaded with fresh herbs, tons of lime and a little hint of garlic!
I’ve been holding on to this recipe since the end of last summer!! We were doing 2-3 dinner parties a week and this avocado corn salad made an appearance at just about every single meal. It’s packed with flavor from the corn, avocado, poblanos and garlic and makes for the perfect side dish. Serve it up with chicken, steak, fish, pasta, or a big loaded salad and it’s the quintessential summer meal.
A few tips and tricks coming your way when it comes to summer corn:
- You can eat corn raw or cooked! If you’ve never had it raw before, it’s excellent and you’ll be obsessed!
- Grilled Corn is usually done in about 5-10 minutes over high heat. You just want to char it until it’s charred around the entire cob, then remove and slice off the kernels and use as needed.
- If you prefer to boil your corn: just bring a large pot of water to a boil and drop the cobs in for 5 minutes. Remove after 5 minutes, cool and then slice off the kernels and use as needed.
More corn goodness for these summer months:
- Mexican Corn and Quinoa Salad
- Sweet Corn and Basil Pizza
- Grilled Corn and Stone Fruit Salad
- Basil Parmesan Grilled Corn
- Roasted Pepper and Corn Salad
- Cumin and Corn Guacamole
- Asparagus Basil and Corn Salad
Avocado Corn Salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, finely diced
- 5 ears corn on the cob, husks removed and cleaned
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 cup torn basil
- 1 lime, juiced (plus more to taste)
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Grill the corn on an indoor or outdoor grill until lightly charred. Remove kernels from the cob.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and poblano and sauté for 5-7 minutes until translucent. Add the green onions, and garlic and sauté for 60 seconds. Add corn and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and taste and adjust as needed. Transfer to a serving bowl and let cool slightly. Add the herbs, lime, avocado, salt and pepper to toss to combine. Serve with extra limes if desired.