There's really nothing better than a chopped salad. Especially when someone is doing all the chopping for you. So if you're in a giving mood, and want to make this Mango Cucumber Chopped Salad for your friends and family, you'll truly be a hero!
9 times out of 10, if there's a chopped salad on a menu while I'm dining out, I'm ordering it. All those knife skills have to be admired and as someone who cooks for a living, I'm always appreciative of someone else doing all that work. But... seeing as how we don't dine out every single day, and sometimes you're just craving a chop chop at home, this one needs to be on your agenda.
This Mango Cucumber Chop Salad is loaded with chopped spinach, cabbage, mango, cucumbers, bell peppers and tons of herbs. It's topped with a peanut, lime and soy dressing that you'll want to keep on hand for many other uses. It's the brain child of my new friend Yvette who joined us while cruising the Galapagos. And she eloquently explained why chopped salads are better than all other salad and why chopping spinach is a necessity. I was hesitant but obviously I was curious. Fast forward 5 weeks later... I've been making it non-stop since returning home. Side note: I gave it to Poppy last night (as is, no modifications) and she hosed it. I was a little hesitant about the chopped raw veggies, but she was obsessed. I mixed in a ¼ cup of cooked rice and it's the perfect meal for a toddler.
Mango Cucumber Chopped Salad
- 2-3 cups spinach chopped into about ⅓ inch pieces
- 1 cup red cabbage chopped into about ⅓ inch pieces
- 3 persian cucumbers chopped into about ⅓ inch pieces
- 1-2 mangos chopped into about ⅓ inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper chopped into about ⅓ inch pieces
- ⅓ cup cilantro roughly chopped
- ¼ cup mint chopped into about ⅓ inch pieces
- ¼ cup scallions chopped
Thai Peanut Dressing
- ⅓ cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter (almond butter, sunflower butter or tahini are great substitutes if you have a peanut allergy)
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- Combine all chopped fruits and vegetables in a bowl.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. Drizzle on top of the chopped fruits and vegetables and toss to combine. Adjust salt and pepper if needed or add an extra squeeze of lime juice. Serve immediately.
This was delicious! Our whole family loved it. But I'm not surprised because there nothing that Gabby makes that our family has an enjoyed.
Excellent salad! It’s got so much flavor and we paired it with the broiled salmon!
This salad is delicious with the many textures- cabbage, mango, peppers and cukes plus the amazing creamy dressing. I have sent this recipe to my family and friends. Thank you, Gaby!
Outstanding, fresh, flavorful and on repeat!