I’m having a major identity crisis because half of me wants it to be summer forever and the other half is majorly craving some fall baking. But seeing as how it’s approx 100 degrees outside, I’m sticking with some light and healthy meals like these Avocado Shrimp Spring Rolls!!
Stuffed with all sorts of goodness including the most important – AVOCADO!! These are the perfect snack / lunch / dinner / appetizer EVER. Grab all the ingredients and get rolling!!
You can ditch the shrimp if your a vegetarian if you want – and you can add in any kinds of other ingredients you prefer. Matchstick red, yellow or orange bell peppers, thin strips of sliced beef… the possibilities are endless.
- Rice paper for rolling
- 1 cup of dry rice noodles, cooked according to the package directions
- 1 large carrot, thin julienne cuts
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- fresh mint
- fresh cilantro
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 pound fresh shrimp, cooked and sliced
- Butter lettuce
- 1/4 cup hoisin
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Soak one spring roll paper at a time, for about 30-45 seconds in a shallow bowl of water. Once fully soaked, place the spring roll paper onto a clean cutting board. They should be pliable when you take them out of the water and then become soft once they are on the cutting board. If they don't quite get flexible enough to roll, dip them in some more water.
- Place the fillings in the bottom third of the wrapper. I used about 2 tablespoons of the rice noodles, a few cuts of carrots, 1 teaspoon sliced scallions, a pinch of fresh mint and basil, 2 avocado slices, 2 pieces of shrimp and a piece of butter lettuce per roll.
- Fold the wrapped over the filling and start rolling everything into a roll. About halfway through the roll, stop and fold in the sides. Then continue to finish rolling until you have a tight roll. Transfer the finished roll to a clean plate and drape with a damp towel while you assemble and roll the remaining spring rolls.
- Once all of the spring rolls are assembled, serve immediately.
- Combine all of the ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk together. Taste and add more soy sauce if you want it a bit saltier. Set the sauce aside until ready to serve.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!