There are 2 things we need to discuss today… the first is this Basil Parmesan Grilled Corn… and the second is my new life mission.
Okay wait, it’s not like some deep life mission where I save the world, although that would be nice, it’s more of my every day life mission. I’m trying to get back on the no car schedule. There was a point in time a few years ago that I didn’t have a car in LA. 3 YEARS!! I made it 3 whole years walking and ubering to and from my meetings / work. I’ve gotten a little lazy the past year but I’m trying to get back in the game. I’ve been scooting around town on my bright red bike with my bright red helmet and I’m back in action.
Here’s the thing… people in LA are 100% freaked out when they see some chick riding along Santa Monica Blvd with a bright red helmet with white polka dots, hot pink sneakers, colorful lululemons and “whatsgabycooking.com” tote bag flailing behind her. 1: no one rides bikes. 2: everyone drives. 3: it is pretty comical!! Moral of the story is, if you see me struggling up an incline, I’ll happily accept a tow.
Okay, back to the Basil Parmesan Grilled Corn…
Recently corn has been piled high on all the tables at my local farmers market. It’s hard to walk away without buying 100 ears of corn because it’s so gorgeous! Usually I can’t resist grabbing a few so I’m always on a quest to throw together new corn recipes. This Basil Parmesan Grilled Corn was inspired by one of my favorite street food finds, Elote! Rather than slathering the corn with mayo this time around, I brushed it with basil vinaigrette and sprinkled with parmesan cheese. It’s a side dish that’s packed with flavor and you’re for sure going to be obsessed.
- 4 pieces Corn on the cob – with the husk
- 1 recipe Basil Vinaigrette
- 2-3 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill to high heat.
- Pull the husk down and keep it on to use for holding the corn later. Grill the corn over high heat until it starts to char and then remove from the grill.
- Using a pastry brush, brush some of the basil vinaigrette onto the corn and then heavily sprinkle with parmesan cheese and seasonings. Serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!