It’s taco Tuesday and there’s only one way to celebrate… obviously we’re making some Chipotle Salmon Tacos.
A few weekends back we headed up the coast to Santa Barbara for a little weekend beach vacay with some friends. Little did they know I’d insist on eating my way through the city and sampling every taco it had to offer. Tacos for breakfast, lunch + dinner – absolutely! If you’re game for some tacos for a second breakfast or dessert – you get me. We’re basically destined to be best friends.
If it was socially acceptable to only eat tacos for the rest of my life then there’s no question that these Chipotle Salmon Tacos with Avocado Mango Slaw would be a daily occurrence. Dusted and cooked with chipotle powder, these absolutely have a slight kick to them. But after cooking, they get flaked apart and paired with a crema, some cooling avocado mango salsa and slaw. Basically they are the definition of perfection!! Chipotle Salmon Tacos for everyone!
Oh and quick note about the avocado mango salsa – it’s perfection and you might have some leftovers so feel free to scoop it up with some chips. Or throw it on top of some rice for a rice bowl. And if you can’t find mango, pineapple makes an excellent substitution!
- 1-2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- Lime wedges
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Fresh lime juice and extra limes for garnish
- Shredded red cabbage
- Chipotles in adobo
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- Rub each piece of salmon with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and dust with the chipotle powder. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill pan. Season the salmon with salt and grill over high heat until nicely browned and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the cooked salmon.
- While the salmon is cooking, combine the diced avocado, mango and cilantro in a small bowl and toss to combine. Season with salt, pepper and lime juice.
- Combine some of the sour cream and a few teaspoons of the liquid from the chipotles in adobo in a bowl and whisk to combine for a spicy crema. Char the tortillas until slightly darkened.
- Gently break each piece of salmon into large chunks and evenly distribute in the tortillas on top of a little bit of shredded cabbage. Add equal amounts of the salsa and serve as needed with the chipotle crema drizzled on top.
If you don't have a grill, or want to do the salmon in the oven... preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and cook for 15-20 minutes until cooked through!
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!