Succulent Garlic Butter Steak Bites are the name of the game today!
Today we start a new adventure on the WGC Instagram - we're taking back dinner time and we're doing it in under 30 minutes. Lots of details to come (as I just decided this last night and have to work it all out - 30 videos in 30 days is slightly unhinged) but stay tuned because it's going to be fantastic. I thought since we're tackling dinner in under 30, we kick things off here on the website with Steak Bites!
I'm in my "bites" era. I've made Salmon Bites and Chicken Bites most recently on IG live and today, Steak Bites. Maybe it's because I had a toddler or maybe it's just because things that are small are more fun to eat. Regardless, these Steak Bites are delightful. Little morsels of steak (cut into about a 1ish inch cube) seared to perfection and then finished in a fragrant garlic shallot butter sauce. You'll want to add these to your menu on a weekly basis. They are addictive.
Table of Contents
Why I Love This Recipe
Anything that takes 10 minutes of prep and 5ish minutes of cook time is a win in my book. And when that recipe is packed with flavor, you better believe it's going into my monthly dinner rotation. These steak bites are succulent and tender and the perfect protein on any dinner plate. Serve it up over polenta, rice, mashed potatoes or risotto and you're in business.
How to Make Garlic Butter Steak Bites
Step 1: Slice steak into about 1-inch cubes and add to a bowl with the olive oil and Everyday Seasoning. Toss to combine.
Step 2: Heat a large cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add in an additional 2 tablespoons of oil and let heat until shimmering. Once shimmering, add in the cubes of steak and cook in small batches making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Cook for about 1-2 minutes and then flip to get a great sear.
Step 3: Once steak is cooked, remove steak from the skillet and set aside. Reduce skillet heat to medium low and add in butter and shallots and season with salt and black pepper and cook for about 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add in the thyme, garlic and Worcestershire sauce and cook for about 30 seconds.
Step 4: Finish by adding back in the cooked steak bites and toss to combine.
Tips & Tricks
- Get a good sear. You'll want to use a heavy bottom cast iron or enamel pan. Think Lodge or Le Creuset those yield the best sears.
- Don't mess with the steak. Once it's in the pan, let it really sear for about 2 minutes before trying to turn it over to the over side. The meat should naturally release from the pan when it's ready to flip. If you try to flip it too early, you'll see some stickage.
What are steak bites made of?
Steak! They are just little cubes of your favorite cut of beef, I'm using Sirloin, seared to perfection and then finished in a garlic shallot butter sauce. They are best served over polenta or risotto or mashed potatoes.
If you tried this recipe, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- 2 pounds sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for drizzling, plus more for cooking
- 1½ tablespoons Gaby’s Everyday Seasoning
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons thyme finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- Polenta or Mashed Potatoes for serving
- Cut the steak into roughly 1-inch cubes and add to a bowl with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the Gaby's Everyday Seasoning, gently toss to combine.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add in an additional 2 tablespoons of oil. Once the oil is shimmering, add in the cubes of steak bites and cook in small batches making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Cook for about 1-2 minutes and then flip to get a great sear and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Once steak is cooked, remove steak from the skillet and set aside on a clean plate. Reduce heat to medium low and add in the butter and shallots and season with kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until fragrant the shallots are fragrant. Add in the thyme, garlic and Worcestershire sauce and cook for about 30 seconds more. Add the steak bites back in the butter mixture and toss to combine.