Polenta doesn’t get enough love. That changes today. Cheesy Polenta is the PERFECT side dish for just about everything!
If you’re on the hunt for an easy comforting side dish that works with just about everything – this Cheesy Polenta is it! You could serve it alongside a roasted chicken (like my roast chicken dinner party menu), some steak, fish, or any other protein you’re envisioning as the star of your table. It’s incredible, easy to throw together and really takes on the flavor of the cheese.
The below method is by no means the traditional way of making polenta, but it’s my favorite. It’s fast. And when you’re making an entire dinner party menu… that’s sometimes the best way to go. That way you can time everything easily and get it all on the table while it’s still warm. If you’ve never seen Semolina Flour before… this is what I buy!
It’s also a part of my Roasted Chicken Dinner Party Menu – which you should totally make this season. It’s incredible!
- 3 cups whole milk, plus more as needed
- 1 cup Semolina Flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded
- fresh thyme to garnish
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring milk to a simmer. Slowly whisk in semolina flour. Continue whisking until thickened, about 2 minutes. If too thick, continue to add milk until desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted, then add mascarpone and parmesan cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer polenta to a serving bowl. Top with extra parmesan, and tons of freshly cracked black pepper. Garnish with fresh thyme.