If you’re looking to freshen up your mealtime routine, try out our delectable cheesy polenta! Whether you’re feeding a family of picky eaters or simply in need of a new way to enjoy dinner tonight, this recipe for cheesy polenta will please everyone. This creamy dish is packed with flavor and comes together quickly enough to make it an ideal weeknight supper. It’s filling but not heavy so there’s no need for added sides (though feel free to add some extra veggies if desired). Feeding hungry mouths has never been easier – and tastier! Get ready for something delicious by trying out our cheesy polenta today.
Polenta doesn’t get enough love. That changes today. Cheesy Polenta is the PERFECT side dish for just about everything!
If you’re on the hunt for an easy comforting side dish that works with just about everything – this Cheesy Polenta is it! You could serve it alongside a roasted chicken (like my roast chicken dinner party menu), some steak, fish, or any other protein you’re envisioning as the star of your table. It’s incredible, easy to throw together and really takes on the flavor of the cheese.
The below method is by no means the traditional way of making polenta, but it’s my favorite. It’s fast. And when you’re making an entire dinner party menu… that’s sometimes the best way to go. That way you can time everything easily and get it all on the table while it’s still warm. If you’ve never seen Semolina Flour before… this is what I buy!
It’s also a part of my Roasted Chicken Dinner Party Menu – which you should totally make this season. It’s incredible!
Wow your family and friends with this delicious and easy-to-make cheesy polenta dish. The creamy, cheesy texture combined with the crunchy topside make this a truly gourmet entrée with minimal effort. Cooking can often be intimidating, but consider the polenta recipe an introduction to your culinary artistry that you can be proud of. With a few simple ingredients, anyone can transform into a master chef in their home kitchen. So get out your pots and pans, preheat your oven, and make this scrumptious recipe asap! You will not be disappointed in the outcome – it’s sure to please every palate!
Did you like this polenta recipe? If so try these:
- Polenta Bar
- White Cheddar Polenta
- Sausage Ragu Polenta Bowls
- Mushroom Polenta with Leek Confit
- Spring Mushroom Polenta with Basil Vinaigrette
- Chicken Ragu
- 3 cups whole milk, plus more as needed
- 1 cup Semolina Flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded
- fresh thyme to garnish
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring milk to a simmer. Slowly whisk in semolina flour. Continue whisking until thickened, about 2 minutes. If too thick, continue to add milk until desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted, then add mascarpone and parmesan cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer polenta to a serving bowl. Top with extra parmesan, and tons of freshly cracked black pepper. Garnish with fresh thyme.
Yessssss!! Can’t wait to dig into this!
Hi Gaby! This sounds amazing but I am confused about using Semolina Flour as opposed to polenta. Thank You!
I am confused as well
Hi – Can I swap out sour cream for the mascarpone and skip a trip the store?
Did you mean 1 cup of polenta?