Peach Tomato Caprese Salads all summer long. That’s the name of the game!
I think we’ve all probably had a caprese by now right? It’s the most epic combo of juicy ripe tomatoes and soft fresh mozzarella. Match made in heaven. But add some perfectly ripe summer peaches to the mix and it takes things up a notch!! Hello Peach Tomato Caprese!
And let’s just take a moment to discuss how you should be picking peaches. In my book, it’s the same way as an avocado. I tend to buy them a few days ahead of when I actually need them. That way I can buy them when they are still pretty hard, and then let ripen on my own kitchen counter. This way ensures that they aren’t getting manhandled at the market by dozens of other humans! And you want to eat them just when they become a little soft with some give! Too much give means it’s almost gone too far – so check on the regular and make this salad.
I feel like this Peach Tomato Caprese is without a doubt the right move this Father’s Day weekend!
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 4 ripe peaches or nectarines, pitted and sliced
- 3 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup baby mozzarella balls, halved
- Baby Basil leaves
- Maldon salt & freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt & freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Combine the ingredients for the salad on a large serving platter.
- Whisk the ingredients for the vinaigrette together. Drizzle over the top and serve.
Need a few more ideas on what to do with all the summer peaches that are about to take over the farmers market – here you go!
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!