Another day, another platter. This one is a lot more produce heavy than some of my spreads because stone fruits and melon are in season and we need to eat ALL OF THEM! Let’s get down to Stone Fruit Cheese Platter business!
A few things to keep in mind when you’re assembling a big board like this!
1: I like to group things in piles. It’s prettier that way 🙂
2: buy the stone fruit from the market when it’s rock hard and let it ripen on your counter. That way you can avoid any bruised / browned fruits.
3: when you’re buying melon, use the tap test. Just tap the melon with the palm of your hand. It should sound almost hallow! And then smell it! If it smells fragrant, it’s ready to go! And when you’re looking at cantaloupes and honeydew, carefully press your fingers on the round section where the vine was attached to make sure it is slightly soft.
4: if you can’t find good cantaloupe (pictured above) you can really use any type of melon available!
5: We went light on the cheese situation this time around – just some marinated feta and burrata! Both pair beautifully with all the fruit!
Summer Appetizer Board
- Cantaloupe or Honeydew melon
- Thinly sliced prosciutto
- Burrata with Cherry Tomatoes
- Assorted Charcuterie
- Grilled Crostini
- Assorted Crackers
- Cubed Feta drizzled with olive oil and oregago
- Sliced stone fruit peaches, nectarines, apricots, plums etc
- Various Nuts depending on your preference
- Castelvetrano olives
- Wrap the prosciutto around sliced pieces of melon.
- Assemble everything in piles on a large serving board and go to town!