My love for a cheese board, or any board with a variety of food, runs deep! This summer I'm jazzing up the traditional pre-dinner nibble situation and giving the Summer Cheese Board a life of its own!
Cheeses, meats, cherries, nibbles, bits, bobs... it goes on and on and it's my absolute FAVORITE way to start a party!
The key to a good cheese board is variety. Below you'll find a list of all my summer go-to items. There's lots of color, texture, flavor and size. Cherries and stone fruit are a great addition. Various kinds of cheese are a must. When adding a soft cheese, I love to add a bit of honeycomb on top to make it a little extra! If you have a cheese of goat cheese, roll it in chives to give it a little bit of color. Go crazy on the nuts, the more the merrier. I always use at least 2-3 different kinds of crackers. And of course.... Rosé wine!!
Take this and put your own spin on it. Your dinner party guests, for your next party, will be IMPRESSED!
Summer Cheese Board
- Sliced stone fruit peaches, nectarines, apricots etc
- Marcona Almonds
- Roasted Pistachios
- Dried Fruits cranberries, apricots etc
- Assorted crackers love those Lesley Stowe Rain Coast Crisps
- 1 small wheel of soft cheese like brie
- 1 small log goat cheese rolled in snipped chives
- Aged Cheddar
- Sliced Smoked Gouda
- Sliced Prosciutto
- Piles! Piles of each of the above on a large platter. That's all there is to it- easiest appetizer ever!!
Photo by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling by Adam Pearson / Recipe by What's Gaby Cooking