My love for a cheese board, or any board with a variety of food, runs deep! This summer I’m jazzing up the traditional pre-dinner nibble situation and giving the Summer Cheese Board a life of its own!
Cheeses, meats, cherries, nibbles, bits, bobs… it goes on and on and it’s my absolute FAVORITE way to start a party!
The key to a good cheese board is variety. Below you’ll find a list of all my summer go-to items. There’s lots of color, texture, flavor and size. Cherries and stone fruit are a great addition. Various kinds of cheese are a must. When adding a soft cheese, I love to add a bit of honeycomb on top to make it a little extra! If you have a cheese of goat cheese, roll it in chives to give it a little bit of color. Go crazy on the nuts, the more the merrier. I always use at least 2-3 different kinds of crackers. And of course…. Rosé wine!!
Take this and put your own spin on it. Your dinner party guests, for your next party, will be IMPRESSED!
- Sliced stone fruit (peaches, nectarines, apricots etc)
- Marcona Almonds
- Roasted Pistachios
- Dried Fruits (cranberries, apricots etc)
- Assorted crackers (love those Lesley Stowe Rain Coast Crisps)
- 1 small wheel of soft cheese (like brie)
- 1 small log goat cheese, rolled in snipped chives
- Aged Cheddar
- Sliced Smoked Gouda
- Sliced Prosciutto
- Piles! Piles of each of the above on a large platter. That's all there is to it- easiest appetizer ever!!
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!