Buckle up guys! It’s Tuesday and there’s a Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza coming your way!
This won’t come as a shock to those of you who’ve been reading / cooking from What’s Gaby Cooking for the past few years, but I didn’t have a Caesar Salad until I was well into my 20’s, let alone a Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza! Just another thing I missed out on as I was the pickiest eater for the first 20 years of my life! I think it had just about everything to do with the fact that anchovies typically go into the Caesar dressing and that was WELL beyond my adventurous side.
Fast forward a few years, and not only am I not scared of anchovies anymore, but I also make a mean Caesar salad dressing. But don’t worry – it still doesn’t have anchovies because it’s easier this way and now everyone is happy! Add that to a pizza (grilled or baked) and then load it up with chicken, cheese, lettuce and some parmesan and you’re all set.
Whip up this Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza this season and you’re sure to be the belle of the ball! And if you want to make the dressing a little differently – you could use this vegan dressing that’s on my kale avocado caesar that is literally to die for!
Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza
- 1 lb pizza dough
- Olive oil for brushing crust
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 8 ounces mozzarella sliced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan plus small chunk for shaving
- 1 chicken breast grilled and sliced thinly
- 2 romaine hearts washed and dried, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Caesar Salad Dressing recipe follows
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Caesar Salad Dressing:
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced or grated
- Prepare a gas or charcoal grill to high heat. Brush the grill with a bit of oil. While the grill is getting warm, make the Caesar Dressing. In a blender or food processor, process the Parmesan, mayonnaise, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, Worcestershire, salt, pepper and garlic until emulsified and smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Shape the dough into 2 medium-ish pizzas while on a clean floured surface. Let the dough sit for 5 minutes and then re-form to make sure it's as big as you'd like. Place the pizza dough on a lightly floured rimless baking sheet, or pizza peel. Transfer the dough over to the grill, and slide the pizza dough directly onto the grill. Grill the dough for about 2 minutes with the lid closed. Using a pair of tongs, lift the lid, and flip the dough over onto the other side and cook for about 2 minutes more. The dough should be golden brown with grill marks on both sides.
- Once the dough is cooked, remove it from the grill and place it back onto the baking sheet.
- Brush the olive oil over the pizza and sprinkle with garlic. Arrange the mozzarella, parmesan and chicken breast slices on top. and place back onto the grill until the cheese has melted. Using tongs, remove the pizza from the grill and top with the dressed romaine leaves and season with salt and pepper as needed. Garnish with long strips of parmesan cheese. Slice and serve immediately.
These look so great Gaby! Fun fun!!
What a fun idea!
I caesar pizza sounds like so much fun!
Just looking at the pictures has my stomach growling!
This is looks delicious!! I love it.
Love this! We’d love to enjoy this after a long day!
My mouth is watering over this pizza!
I love how it is a pizza and a salad in one! Yum!
I made this last night for some friends (although I did make a Caesar dressing I’ve made for years). HUGE hit!! Just delicious. Thanks Gabby!
This looks delicious!! I hate to break it to you though, Worcestershire has anchovies in it. So maybe you do like them after all!
Love your recipes. Can u please list the breakdown of the dishes and the calories
Oh heck yes. This needs to be on regular rotation!
I can’t even turn on our grill, let alone operate it. Have you tried baking the dough/using the oven for this recipe?
yes – works the same!!
Your recipes are always so good! We tried this tonight, but used flatbread in place of the pizza dough. It was so simple, but so good. The dressing was amazing! It’s definitely going to be our go-to Caesar dressing from now on!
I’ve added sliced small tomatoes and crumbled bacon!! To die for!! 🙂
I made just the dressing and it’s absolutely delicious! Definitely a keeper. Thanks Gaby!
I made this last night for the family- amazing!! I was going to use bottle dressing to save time then realized (too late) I was out. Good thing because the dressing recipe is extraordinary! I still have lots left over for salads this week. Yay!
This was great! Don’t have a grill so did in the oven @ 500 and used a grill an for the. Chicken
If I premake the dressing, how long will it last in the fridge?
I store dressings in the fridge for about 4-5 days max
This was absolutely delicious! Of course, we’ve never made a Gaby Dalkin recipe that everyone didn’t totally love….easy to make & the dressing was fantastic. Perfect summer time pizza to make. Thank you for another winner Gaby!❤️