We’re re-living one of my favorite meals from Positano today with this incredible Seafood Pasta!
There’s a restaurant off the Positano coast called Da Aldolfo that I was OBSESSED with when we went a few summers back. They are known for their fresh fish and fresh pasta and their incredible peach soaked wine. It’s a magical place and if you’re going anytime in the summer months, you should make a point of taking the 10 minute boat ride to them for lunch. When we were there, we ordered the entire menu (typical) and spent the afternoon swimming right in the sea. It was MAGIC. I miss it. One of my favorite dishes from that day was this tomato based seafood pasta that screamed summer!
It’s loaded with shrimp, scallops. mussels, clams and of course… pasta. Every bite is perfect and tastes like the sea. It’s the best way to bring a little bit of that Mediterranean vibe into your house this summer! FYI – I’ve throw in a bite of lump crab meat when I have it on hand and I highly recommend if if you want to splurge for a little extra seafood. About 1/2- 3/4 cups of lump crab is the perfect addition!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 6 garlic cloves crushed
- Kosher salt freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 14- ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 12 small clams such as Manila or littleneck, scrubbed
- 16 mussels scrubbed and debearded
- 10 ounces large shrimp peeled, deveined
- 10 ounces bay scallops
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium. Add the onion and cook for 5–8 minutes until the onion is translucent. Add the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, until color deepens, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes along with their juices, basil, red pepper flakes, and season with salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until sauce is thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes. Lower heat and bring to a rapid simmer. Add clams and cook until they open, 8–10 minutes. Transfer clams to a large warm bowl; discard any that do not open.
- Add mussels and cook until they open, 3–5 minutes. Transfer mussels to bowl with clams; discard any that do not open.
- Return sauce to a boil, add shrimp and scallops, cover, and remove from heat. Let sit until shrimp and scallops are cooked through, 5–8 minutes. Transfer shrimp and scallops to another large warm bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente, reserving about 1/3 cup of the pasta cooking liquid as needed. Drain the pasta
- Return the sauce to a boil. Add pasta and pasta cooking liquid; simmer until sauce thickens, 2–5 minutes and the pasta finishes cooking. Add seafood and continue cooking until well combined, 30–60 seconds. Transfer pasta mixture to a large bowl; season with salt and pepper.
Recipe slightly adapted from Bon Appetit