We’ve talked about my aversion to a traditional Caesar dressing before and I’m happy to say I’m working through it! But, in the meantime, I’ve also discovered the best vegan Caesar dressing ever and this Avocado Kale Caesar is going to be your new go to!
The dressing is like a smooth and creamy hummus that gives the kale the BEST flavor. I make it ahead of time every sunday night and keep it on hand to use all week long. It saves for 2 weeks in the fridge but I promise you’ll go through it even faster! Add the avocado because, duh. And the Everything but the bagel blend… omg I’m obsessed.
- 6 ounces french bread (a few days old)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- kosher salt
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, ribs removed and shredded
- 1 romaine heart, shredded
- 3 tablespoons Gaby’s This is Everything Seasoning
- 2 avocados, cut into large wedges
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the bread into small cubes. Transfer cubed bread to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle the bread with the olive oil and butter and then sprinkle with garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Using your hands, gently toss the croutons and make sure they are coated with all the oils, butters and seasonings.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, lemon, oil, and garlic. Whisk until smooth. Add the water and continue mixing and season with salt.
- Transfer the lettuce and kale to large bowl and add the dressing and toss to coat. Add the croutons, tuck the avocado in, and sprinkle the salad with the everything but the bagel seasoning blend. Serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!