Table of Contents
Why I Love This Recipe
Crispy lettuce paired with crunchy breadcrumbs, grilled chicken and the the tahini dressing of your dreams is basically the perfect flavor combination (aside from the flavors in my delicious go-to kale salad, of course.) This Chicken Caesar Wrap is the perfect quick and easy lunch when you have everything prepped and ready to go as far as the chicken and Tahini Dressing goes.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Tuscan Kale
- Romaine Lettuce
- Everything but the Bagel Seasoning
- Chicken Breasts
- Large Tortillas
*For a full list of ingredients and instructions please see recipe card below
How to Make Chicken Caesar Wrap
Step 1: Place the olive oil and butter in a small skillet over medium high heat. Add the panko.
Step 2: Toast until golden. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Step 3: Combine the ingredients for the Tahini Caesar Dressing in a small blender and set aside.
Step 4: Combine the shredded kale and lettuce in a large bowl. Drizzle a few tablespoons of the dressing along with the toasted panko, the everything seasoning and the chopped grilled chicken. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning and dressing.
Step 5: Place a heaping portion into 2 tortillas and wrap and roll.
Step 6: Slice on a diagonal and serve.
How to Store Chicken Caesar Wrap
The individual ingredients for this can last in the fridge for a while but it's best to assemble the actual wrap right before you're going to eat it or the morning of enjoying one for lunch or dinner! If you prep them too far ahead, the tortilla will get soggy and no one wants a soggy tortilla.
How to Freeze Chicken Caesar Wrap
As with refrigeration, you can freeze individual components of this wrap, like the chicken, tortillas and the dressing, but I do not recommend storing the wrap in its assembled form.
Tips & Tricks
This is one of those recipes that you'll come back to over and over and over again, I promise. Since adding all these flavors into a wrap 2ish months ago, it's been on repeat every few days for lunch. I can't be stopped. Here are a few pro tips from someone who has a full blown Chicken Caesar Wrap obsession.
- Prep the tahini dressing ahead of time - this is one of those recipes that keeps in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. You might need to thin it out with a bit of water as time goes on because tahini is so thick and absorbs all the liquid, but it will still be delish!
- Batch your chicken! Thomas and I grill chicken every Sunday to add into our salads and wraps for the week. You can do this with boneless/skinless chicken breasts or bone-in/skin on. Both will be delish. The Bone-In + Skin On chicken stays a bit more moist if you're prepping ahead.
How can I prep ahead for this to make a quick weekday lunch?
This is a great recipe to prep ahead for and just assemble when you're in the morning rush! Grill the chicken breasts in advance (see the Tips & Tricks). Have the toasted bread crumbs and caesar dressing ready as well. Prep and store your shredded greens. Mix the portions you need and roll it in your tortilla wrap as you need.
If you tried this recipe, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Chicken Caesar Wrap
For the Toasty Panko Croutons
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
Tahini Caesar Dressing
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- kosher salt
For the Wrap
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale ribs removed and shredded
- 1 whole romaine heart shredded
- 3 tablespoons Everything but the Bagel Seasoning
- 2 ripe avocados cut into large wedges
- 2 chicken breasts seasoned with salt and pepper and grilled
- 2 large tortillas
- Place the olive oil and butter in a small skillet over medium high heat. Add the panko and toast until golden. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Combine the ingredients for the Tahini Caesar Dressing in a small blender and set aside.
- Combine the shredded kale and lettuce in a large bowl. Drizzle a few tablespoons of the dressing along with the toasted panko, the everything seasoning and the chopped grilled chicken. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning and dressing.
- Place a heading portion into 2 tortillas and wrap and roll. Slice on a diagonal and serve.