Mama Dalkin’s Cucumber Salad is coming in HOT!! She used to make us her version of this every night with dinner. It is the easiest cucumber salad to make. I’ve since added a few things (mainly heaps and heaps of freshly crumbled feta and herbs)! You need this on the side of all your meals!
Table of Contents
Why I Love This Recipe
This Cucumber Salad makes an appearance on our tables at LEAST 4 nights a week - right up there with the LA Chopped. It's a perfect side salad for any Mediterranean dinner or serve it up as a quasi-salsa/topping on top of any kind of steak, chicken or fish. It's bright and light and briny and perfect. I made it on Sunday over a side of salmon... literally the definition of perfection.
Now here's the best part of the recipe - outside of the flavors....all you have to do is chop and toss. That's it! Prep all the veggies, herbs and vinaigrette, it'll take you less than 10 minutes and then toss to combine!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Persian Cucumbers - I love the Persian variety because they don't require peeling (their skin is more thin than a Hot House cucumber) and we keep them stocked at all times.
- Avocado - naturally. If a salad doesn't have avocado, someone check on me. It's mandatory for me!
- Fresh Dill - add in a handful of fresh basil, mint or chives for extra herby flavor.
- Feta Cheese - the kind that comes in the brine, crumbled as needed for that salty tangy deliciousness.
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Freshly Chopped Garlic
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
*For a full list of ingredients and instructions please see recipe card below.
How to Make Cucumber Salad
Step 1: Place the cucumbers, shallot, avocado, dill and feta cheese in a large bowl.
Step 2: Place the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk until combined.
Step 3: Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss gently to coat.
How to Store Cucumber Feta Salad
I would recommend eating this salad fresh since you do not want the chopped up cucumber and avocado to lose their texture and freshness.
What is in a cucumber salad?
Cucumbers, avocado, salt, pepper, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and a shallot.
What is the best cucumber for salad?
English Cucumbers (also known as European or Seedless Cucumbers):
Thin skin, so no need to peel. Fewer seeds, which means less water and a firmer texture. Sweet, mild flavor. Often a preferred choice for salads.
Similar to English cucumbers but smaller and slightly more firm. Thin skin and few seeds. Crisp texture, making them great for salads.
If you tried this recipe, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Cucumber Salad with Feta
- 4 cups chopped Persian cucumbers
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pit removed, then diced
- ¼ cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
For the Dressing
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Place the cucumbers, shallot, avocado, dill and feta cheese in a large bowl.
- Place the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk until combined. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss gently to coat. Serve.