Cucumber Feta Salad coming in strong for the last week of summer! Let’s go!
I know there are pumpkin and apple things popping up all over social media – but like I said before, I’m not quite ready to let go of summer yet. This Cucumber Feta Salad has been on our menu the last few weeks while I’ve been testing it. It’s a perfect side salad for any Mediterranean dinner or serve it up as a quasi-salsa/topping on top of grilled steak, chicken or fish. It’s bright and light and briny and perfect. I made it on Sunday over a side of salmon… literally the definition of perfection.
Cucumber Feta Salad
- 4 cups chopped Persian cucumbers
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pit removed, then diced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Place the cucumbers, shallot, avocado, dill and feta cheese in a large bowl.
- Place the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk until combined. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss gently to coat. Serve.