It’s Poppy’s world – I’m just living in it! And when the girl requests waffles for breakfast (after seeing them on a weekend getaway recently) waffles are what’s on tap! And these Cinnamon Apple Greek Yogurt Waffles are perfect!
Not only are these Cinnamon Apple Greek Yogurt Waffles loaded with flavor from the apples and the cinnamon and the greek yogurt – they are also loaded with protein and sweetened with honey!! You all know we are a Stonyfield house over here and I stock the quarts at all times. It’s organic with high quality ingredients and I know I’m making the right decision every time I snag a quart or two!
The Cinnamon Apple Greek Yogurt Waffles recipe you’ll find below only uses 1/2 cup so you can use the rest of the quart for any number of recipes I’ve made with Stonyfield over the years –
- Homemade Frozen Yogurt
- Lemon Poppyseed Loaf
- Butter Chicken
- Spiced Salmon Bowl
- Zucchini Fritters
- Olive Oil Cake
- Moroccan Chicken Skewers
- Loaded Steak Salad Bowl
As you can see, there is no shortage of ways to use those Greek Yogurt quarts!!
Here’s the run of show for making Cinnamon Apple Greek Yogurt Waffles!
1- mix together all the wet ingredients including the Stonyfield Greek Yogurt and whisk until smooth.
2- mix together all the dry ingredients and add them into the wet ingredients.
3- add the apples and stir everything together until evenly combined and a little bubbly.
4- pull out that waffle maker you bought and rarely use and give it a quick spray to ensure the batter doesn’t stick.
5 – fill the waffle maker halfway up so it doesn’t overflow and cook according to the manufacturers directions.
Cinnamon Apple Greek Yogurt Waffles
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¾ cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain Stonyfield Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup diced apples cut into a small dice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Maple syrup
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, yogurt and honey. Whisk until it is well combined and bubbly. Add in the baking powder, cinnamon, apples salt and flour and stir until well combined.
- Cook on a heated waffle iron until golden brown. Serve with butter, maple syrup and extra chopped apples if desired.